In pain constantly — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In pain constantly

19Jackie62
19Jackie62 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi Jackie here I have fibro I'm in pain constantly my whole body hurts can't sleep at night only for about 2hrs if I stay in same position which I can't after so long my body goes into muscle spasms which I'm used to my question is I also have Lumber Sponsilitous I don't know is spelt that right is this in with fibromalagia 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good afternoon @19Jackie62 and welcome to the community. :smile: Is there anything at all we can help advise you with?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @19Jackie62 welcome, I'm. So sorry to hear you are struggling with pain. I'm not familiar with your conditions that you've listed but I can relate to a certain extent as I suffer with chronic pain and I understand how it can make you feel when the pain doesn't settle. Can I ask if you have regular pain medication (you don't have to disclose the names or answer if you don't feel comfortable) if you want to talk in private you can send me a private message. I find heat pads and cold compress help me but it depends how intense the pain is and where etc. I hope you manage to rest ?I'm here to support you and listen if you need to talk. 
  • 19Jackie62
    19Jackie62 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hiya tammy I'm on tramodols nortriptaline n mirtizapine all I wanted to know was is Lumber Sponsilitous connected with fibromalgia or is it fibro causing all the pain 
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @19Jackie62 oh ok. Im not too sure about that, sorry. I hope things improve for you soon. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hiya tammy I'm on tramodols nortriptaline n mirtizapine all I wanted to know was is Lumber Sponsilitous connected with fibromalgia or is it fibro causing all the pain 
    Hi and welcome,

I have fibromyalgia and it causes widespread severe pain all over my body. I also have other pain conditions too, which are separate too fibromyalgia.

If you mean lumber spondlosis then this is a different condition to fribromyalgia.

Have you spoken to your GP and asked them to refer you to a pain clinic? If you haven't then i'd advise you to do this but do be aware that waiting times are huge for pain clinics. In my area i've already been waiting 7 months.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @19Jackie62! How are you doing today? :)
    Scope

• oldsoldier
    oldsoldier Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi jacky have u tried painkiller patches and the new type of mattress to rest on also think about mattress with small balls in means no pressure points not sure if that helps with u well 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @19Jackie62   please have a look at this website.

Pain and anything related.

https://www.awaywithpain.co.uk.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness