Formal Decision Letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Formal Decision Letter

JFK1971
JFK1971 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
This is the formal decision letter I received. Please see previous post also. I do not understand what this means for my existing claim. Will I lose any if my existing benefit entitlements.. ie the limited capability for work additional premium paid with universal credit and/or my esa. Thanks. 

Comments

• JFK1971
    This is the post I received in my universal credit journal. Alongside a formal decision letter which I will post separately. What does this mean regards continued payment of my esa and the limited capability for work premium paid in my universal credit. Can someone please help. So stressed out as its not really clear. Thanks 
  • JFK1971
    This is the actual formal decision letter I was also sent via my journal.. I don't understand what it means. One says I am capable of some form of work and then I get this. Am I going to lose any of my benefits ie my limited capability for work premium I receive with universal credit and/or my esa. Thanks everyone for your support and advice. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A little confusing because you've started different threads with the same question but added 2 different screen shots to each thread.

Having looked at the other thread where it states you can do some work and then this one where it states you've been found to have LCWRA when was this message added to your journal please?

Was this a first time assessment or a re-assessment of an existing limited capability for work award? because you're also asking will you lose any of your limited capability for work premium but no premiums are paid on UC, or do you mean you're already receiving the extra £336 per month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JFK1971
    Hi. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply. Yes I am totally rubbish with technology so one of my posts posted twice ?. I have not worked in 25 years due to my disabilities and have been in the limited capability for work group if its termed that when I was receiving what was then income support, then migrated over to ESA and then have been receiving universal credit since Jan 2018 and I receive the £336 lcrw payment already. I am confused as I am still in that group seemingly according to decision letter..( I received both messagesi have posted to forum on the  the same day and also posted them both onto the forum today ). The comment from benefits person however says I am capable of some sort of work. So am still confused. Will the amount of benefit I am paid change or will I still receive same amount because of length of time etc I have been receiving them. Sorry for long reply. 
  • JFK1971
    It's also the first time ever I have had to complete one of these assessments. I wasn't asked to attend a face to face interview. Just received the decision via my online journal.. 
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2019
    Because they are contradicting each other then it's impossible to answer the question you're asking. One letter says you've been given LCWRA and another says you're capable of some work, which doesn't make sense either because they can't find you fit for work without a face to face assessment but they can place you into the other group, which is Limited capability for work but then it wouldn't tell you you're capability of doing some work. Usually when they tell you this they are saying they have found you fit for work, which is not possible in your case because you've not had a face to face assessment.

My advice here is to ring UC and ask what exactly the decision is on the work capability assessment and they will tell you. If you can't ring then put a note on your journal and ask BUT do be aware that they don't always answer questions on a journal.

Is there any reason why you've waitied since 9th December to ask what those messages mean?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JFK1971
    Yes I agree it's very confusing as they contradict each other.. I only posted asking for advice now as I only signed into  my journal yesterday to ask a question about my January payment and saw the notification re decision. I had not received anything to tell me I had received anything in my journal. I was unaware that the decision had been made therefore until yesterday. Thank you for your replies by the way. 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.

As you've been receiving the LCWRA element in previous payments does it tell you what you're going to be receiving in your next payment yet? If so then is there any difference in the amount?
  • JFK1971
    My statement isn't available until January 5th so I guess I will find out then.. I have left a message in my journal telling them the information they have given me is conflicting and to clarify so fingers crossed I get a response maybe Monday or Tuesday though not too hopeful as it's the holidays technically until normal service resumes in the New Year ?. 
  • poppy123456
    They re-open tomorrow and Tuesday, as normal. Closed Wednesday.
  • JFK1971
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @JFK1971. No wonder you're confused!
    I'd be inclined to believe the decision letter rather than the note on your journal from your Case Manager, but definitely give them a call and see what they say. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • JFK1971
    I know right ?.. Thanks. I will try to ring them again later. Phone lines are constantly busy. 
  • JFK1971
    As you said... Decision letter was what I should have focused on. Am still in limited capability  for work group until May 2021. Phew!! 
  • poppy123456
    I thought as much. Just so that you're aware that the timescale you were given is nothing more than a guide and you could be re-assessed anytime from 3 months.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited January 2020
    Sorry I missed this @JFK1971! Great news it was the letter not the journal entry, I thought that might be the case. I hope it's taken a weight off your shoulders. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • JFK1971
    Hi. Yes it has taken a huge weight off my shoulders thanks ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news @JFK1971
    Scope

• JFK1971
    Chloe_Scope.. Thank you ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.