Support Services Changing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support Services Changing

charlie79
charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
I am having problems at the moment. I was referred to a support service by my CPN. This support service was to help gain trust with a support worker. This was so when the trust was gained they would sit in my home with for therapy. My home is my safe haven and i am housebound due fear and paronioa causing severe agrophobia. 
To cut a long story short I was abused when I was young. also in 2008 nearly lost my life due to my ex partner who also arranged a gang rape.. He got 23 years. During the 4 years we were together a lot of violent nasty things happened. This is why i have major trust issues. This is why my cpn referred me to support services. my first support worker was investigated for malpractice which was reported by her manager and the second one who i did connect with was on leave for nearly 2 months ill , then all of a sudden handed in her notice. I have been refferred to a new support worker who has experienced with working with people with complexed mental health and abuse but is only available one day a week for 2 hours in the afternoon. 
My problem is the manager has informed me that all Lambeth Mental health services are merging. I was signed on a 2 year contract as it was stated on my referral and expressed by my CPN who was present at the referral; that i need to bulid a slow relationship and it was for the support worker to be present at therapy. The Manager informed me that the government was only now giving 6 month contracts and wanted to changed there services from tailored to as she described through the front door. meaning just to support people to get on benefits and they may not be able to honour my 2 yr contract. Where do I stand 

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    oh I`m afraid I cant offer advice on your question...but I just wanted to wish you well for a good move forward with whatever happens. You`ve had enough bad times chick xx
  • charlie79
    thank you. Im sure it should come under Person Centred Care . They have given me a support worker whom is part time 1 day a week which is not adequate for my needs.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    social services have gone down in my estimation
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlie79, I'm so sorry to hear this has happened.

Was the abuse ever reported to the police? 

You could speak with your GP about other counselling options, or you can see what is available in your area.

I'm sorry about your current situation with support. If you would like to make a complaint then here is how you do so. Has your support stopped currently?

Please do let us know how you get on. :)

Scope

• charlie79
    Yes ex got 23 years and his friends involved in rape and my childhood abuser my uncle got prison as well as convicted for 13 other children he abused. I was referred by my cpn so a support worker could build a rapport of trust to sit in my home for therapy. due to first support worker was reported and an investigation and second one left her job I have yet to bild a relationship with the third. But as I can only have afternoon apts it seems a bit silly as third one they have given me is only available Friday afternoons as she works part time. If I do develop a relationship it will be difficult to find a therapist who can visit on a Friday afternoon. I need a support worker with a little more flexibility. I am completely housebound no family and severe trust issues. so I will definitely need a person of trust present for therapy which is my support worker. This was why I was referred
  • charlie79
    I used to be a support worker as well as worked for NHS. I was referred to support services by cpn to support me as explained. Problem is when I first was referred I signed a 2 yr contract which was last February. Due to my experience and previous jobs the contract manager was being frank with me about Lambeth cmht support services are all merging as one and only doing 6month contracts. From this takes effect I do not know I just need to know will my 2 yr contract be honoured
  • charlie79
    I have engaged and kept communication which is all evidenced so I am trying

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlie79, thank you for sharing this with us. I can understand your need for consistency and flexibility here. It's great that you are trying to keep communication going, I imagine it is frustrating to not get answers.

Are you able to ask your support worker who comes on Friday who it might be best to contact to find out if you still have a 2 year contract? I hope the merge hasn't affected this.

Take care. :)
    Scope

Brightness