LCFW Payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCFW Payments

Options
cheralyn
cheralyn Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Since June my daughter has been claiming the standard UC payment of £250 per month for serious mental health issues, she had the assessment and they have confirmed LCFW I phoned today and they said she would not get any additional money following the assessment even though they do not want to see her for a couple of months and require no further Fit Notes, the letter said she would see someone to help her in the future  Is this correct no additional money, she lives with me and I pay for everything that she needs unfortunately I do not have a bottomless pit of money,  Thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome @cheralyn ,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others. It's sounds like she's been awarded just limited capability for work (LCW) and not limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA) please take another look at her UC journal to see exactly what it says. If it's just limited capability for work then i'm afraid they are correct. Those that are placed into this group do not receive any extra money each month.

To receive the extra £336 per month you need to be placed into the limited capability for work related activity group (LCWRA)

If that is the decision then if you disagree you have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) for this, you need to state why you think she should be given LCWRA and your reasons why. Send relevant evidence to support her claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Most MR decisions remain the same so it's very likely she'll have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for hearings are huge across most of the country and lots of people are waiting about a year from the date they accept the appeal.

Before requesting the MR please take a look at the descriptors for that group because when requesting the MR you do risk losing everything she already has.

See link and scroll down to see the descriptors for that group. At least one of these must apply the majority of the time.  https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Your-Situation/Ill-Injured-or-Disabled/Universal-Credit-Capability-for-work-assessment

If none of those apply then take a look at substantial risk, which is the main route into this group for most people that claim for mental health. See link and scroll down to regulation 35, although it says ESA it's exactly the same thing.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @cheralyn! Is there anything else we can help with?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.