Hi, my name is kingratty! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kingratty!

kingratty
kingratty Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I lost my dla and pip in sept 17
I won my dla and pip back on November 1st after a 3 day hearing I rang them after 2 weeks and they told me they have ask for a reason from the judge on the 5th Nov , I rang them on the 19th on Dec they said there are still waiting for the judge to give the reason
and the called me a Retard I tryed to put a complaint in but they wouldn’t let me it is now been over 2 Months is they anythink I can do or how much longer do I have to wait ??
thank you
has iv try to take my life 3 time becouse of this I don’t how much more I can take 

Comments

• juliaparry24
    juliaparry24 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    I'm not sure how long it takes for assessments to be re looked at, but I'm glad to hear that they did a hearing about it, unfortunately sometimes it takes a few weeks to get any results back but I do hope that you can get the answers that your looking for, in the meantime have you thought of going to the doctors for advice on the way you feel? Or you could try a close friend or family member?

I do hope things get better for you @kingratty always remember that you are never alone
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I'm sorry to hear you've been waiting so long. DWP have requested the Statement of reasons and record of proceedings. Unfortunately, when these are requested there's no timescales how long it takes for it to be sent by the Judge. This is because they are done when they Judge has time to do them and this can take a few months sometimes. It's never a quick process. Unfortunately, there's nothing at all you can in the meantime but wait. Once they been sent DWP will then have 1 month to appeal the decision but it's rare they appeal it, although it can happen.

If you do feel suicidal then please do contact the samaritans on 116 123, https://www.samaritans.org/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kingratty    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what you are going through.

Please consider the support my lovely friend @poppy123456 has suggested talk to them.

Understanding, sensitivity and honest approach good to use and listen to you.

I am one of the team of community champions. We help, support, advise members of our community.

Please can I ask are you ever receiving help and advice with any thing like this. Understand and do have care and concern.

If you feel your mental health is suffering then please consider using mental health charities.

Situation like this be able to support you give much needed help.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org.

All offer floating support, welfare, health and benefit advice, guidance.

Information to help you cope.

Please if I can help with anything please get in touch.

Ready to listen, offer compassion, empathy.

Please keep safe and warm.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kingratty - Welcome to the community from me too. I'm very sorry about how this is affecting you. Saying not to worry is easier said than done. Do you have any support for your mental health right now?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kingratty and a very warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear it has had such a big impact on your mental health. Is your GP aware you have been feeling like this?

While we can signpost you to resources from Mind about tackling thoughts of suicide, if you're having these thoughts it's really important you speak to someone qualified to support you.

You could call Samaritans on 116 123, or got in touch with the crisis text service Shout, which you can access by texting SHOUT to 85258.

As a pan-disability charity it's fair to say that our strengths lie more in the daily lives of disabled people, but if it would help we would be more than willing to try and find you some local support. I'm going to email you with some more information, but if this is something you'd be interested in, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us on community@scope.org.uk

In the meantime, if you feel like you might be in immediate danger, please call 999 or go to your local hospital.

Scope

• kingratty
    kingratty Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your kind help
    im still wait for pip to contact me it been 3 Month on the 1st of Feb since I won my dla/pip back 
    when I ring them they are rued they called me a retard any I try to put a complaint in and I get told no the finely a lady tock my complaint iv been wait 1 Month for a reply and them to contact my Carer who was my witness phone them back up
    but was told no record of my complaint and it to late now 
    since wining my Appeal
    i been rust in hospitol they think I try to kill my self has the Couldn’t wake me up and I had a mini stroke and I tryed to till pip about it but I get what do you want us to do about it
    let Hope I hear some thing soon 
    has I can’t keep fighting them it been nealy 3 years now 
    thank you guys again 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    Really sorry to hear how difficult it has been. Just wanted to check in now and see how things are going.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.