Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any advice?

Chrisg29
Chrisg29 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi, I've joined this group as I have a friend suffering with Parkinsons. He is shortly to be made homeless and doesn't know where to go for advice or what his rights as a disabled person are. Any advice, thank you? 

Comments

• Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Hi @Chrisg29

I would strongly urge you to contact Shelter UK as quickly as able to. They will offer you the best advice and may be able to prevent your friend being made homeless subject to His circumstances. I have added their online link below. 

They can be very busy but they will always get back to you, and so please don't give up with trying to make contact with them. They will also in most circumstances allocate a Legal Advisor/Solicitor to assist your friend and do everything possible (in legal terms) to prevent Him from losing His home. 

https://england.shelter.org.uk/donate?reserved_appeal_code=20190401-DF-11&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CMrAkPHQ3-YCFVeDhQodn3YGzw&gclsrc=ds

Please don't waste any time in making contact with them.

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Chrisg29 and welcome to the community.

Can I ask what his current housing is, social, private, homeowner? Also the reason why he is being made homeless?

What stage is he at in the eviction. It is not unusual for someone receiving a NOSP (notice of seeking possession) to believe they are being evicted. This is the first stage, if the tenant contacts the landlord and works with them to resolve the problem this can often be avoided.

Even if a court date has been set, it is possible to sort things out, though your friend will need support.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Chrisg29, sorry to hear this! How are things at the moment? Please do let us know if we can do anything else to help!
    Scope

• Chrisg29
    I'm sorry, but I've only just seen these replies to my message. Thank you all for your help. 
  • Chrisg29
    I think I'm being completely stupid but how do I reply to individual comments please? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Chrisg29 said:
    I think I'm being completely stupid but how do I reply to individual comments please? 

You can either "quote" the comment by clicking on quote, this will bring up a box containing the comment the person made that you want to reply to, like i have here. Or you can put an @ before the persons name, like this @Chrisg29 and this will tag the person. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chrisg29

Brightness