Fibromyalgia - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this @g1gop, I can relate to the weather affecting pain! I'm glad you are picking up today and are able to get in some more rest. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I am never sure from one day to the next what fibromyalgia will throw at me. Some days are not too bad but others are horrendous! one of the worst symptoms for me is shaking it is so frustrating when you can't do anything because you are shaking! I have wrist straps with metal plates in them that help stop my hands from shaking but I quite often have body jerks which I can't control! but the weirdest symptom I have had is temporary paralysis, it doesn't last for long but is so frustrating
  • Chloe_Scope
    This sounds extremely frustrating and unknown @deb74, how are you today?
    Scope

• deb74
    hi Chloe_Scope. I felt really rubbish earlier. I was really weak and I went to bed two and a half hours after I had got up which I never do. was shaking really badly so wore straps for a bit. Eventually found the energy to take the dog for a walk and don't feel too bad now thank goodness! I looked up the paralysis and it is quite a rear symptom of fibromyalgia.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sounds like you've had a bit of a fight with your own body @deb74! I'm really glad you don't feel as bad now. It's so important to know when to rest and there is nothing wrong with doing that. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    Hi Chloe_scope. I think I will start to go to bed for a couple of hour in the afternoon. I seem to start to get really tired about 3pm. Still shaking a bit but nothing compared to this morning.
  • deb74
    looks like I am going to have a bad day again! having to use left hand for everything this morning my right arm keeps going numb and the tremors have started had a bad night last night couldn't sleep!
  • deb74
    Now looking at it possibly being ms and not fibro. All of the weird symptoms seem to fit. Going to make an appointment tomorrow to see the dr. I have been meaning to go back to the drs for a while but I thought I might be wasting his time. I think I need to talk to him now. It is taking over my life completely now!
  • deb74
    Should have mentioned this was not done by using dr google I went on the ms society website. I never trust google for diagnosing symptoms!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I hope you manage to get in to see your doctor today @deb74 and they're able to discuss your concerns with you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • deb74
    Hi Adrian_Scope. I will be going to the drs in a bit to make an appointment (need to go before 1pm because they close on Monday afternoon). feeling too wobbly at the moment. Had a bad night last night which is weird because I felt ok yesterday. Went into to full spasms my whole body was jerking violently took ages to fall asleep. Been using my crutches his morning so I didn't fall over! Wil probably have to wait till after Christmas to see my doctor. I think I need to see him and not another doctor as he is the one who has been dealing with all of this.
  • deb74
    Hi Adrian_Scope. Made an appointment to see the dr. I have got an appointment on January 10th.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @deb74, sorry I missed your earlier messages! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some really difficult days. I really hope the GP listens and is able to support you. Wishing you a lovely Christmas. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    Hi chloe_Scope. I think the symptoms are too weird to be fibro. As for my dr listening he is brilliant not like my old doctor he really takes me seriously. Hope you have a great Christmas!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm glad you managed to get an appointment @deb74 but I'm sorry it's still a bit of a wait. It's great you've got a good doctor though, he sounds worth the wait!
    I hope you have a lovely Christmas. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Really glad you have a doctor who will listen! Have a great Christmas @deb74. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    Hi Adrian_Scope. The dr is definatley worth the wait. He is brilliant! Have a great Christmas!
  • deb74
    Went to see the dr yesterday. Don't know why I bothered He said why have you come to see me, what do you expect to get out of it? He said the list of symptoms you are showing me isn't much different to the last list you showed me. He insisted he was listening to me and taking me seriously and he wants to see me in two months time to see how I am getting on. I walked out of the surgery feeling a bit disappointed with the way he reacted though.  
  • marmalade
    marmalade Community member Posts: 69 Pioneering
    Yeah it's very difficult when they treat you like that. I was told I would just have to learn to live with the pain. Charming. Are you on anything just now? 
  • deb74
    Hi marmalade. I don't take anything apart from ibuprofen pills when I need them. Last time I went to see the doctor which was in May last year he seemed to take me a lot more seriously. Yesterday I felt like I was wasting his time. He said I was concentrating too much on the symptoms but when you start to fall over because you lose your balance or go into paralysis from the neck down you are going to take it seriously!

Brightness