Can someone help me understand UC limited work etc — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can someone help me understand UC limited work etc

RachIslaIsaacJason
RachIslaIsaacJason Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi sorry if I end up muddling your head, as mine gets muddled very easily and I'm struggling to get my head around my UC claim i put in a sick note mid october 2019 I had my assesment 24th December 19 and got my decision accepted 7th Jan 2020  (usually I get paid 4th every month)
Now can anyone help me in when will my payments start? Does it get back dated, if so when) the whole thing can set in my head I've asked for help in my UC journal but nothing yet 

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• RachIslaIsaacJason
    Sorry this is about Limited work capability etc 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

May i ask what the decision was exactly? Was it limited capability for work (LCW) or limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA)

You will only receive extra money if the decision was LCWRA. If it was this then it will depend on what date your claim for UC started and what date exactly you sent your first fit note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • RachIslaIsaacJason
    Hi it was LCWRA I was accepted for, I've been on UC for about 3 years now and just about October 15th 2019 I gave them a sick note 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2020
    As there's a 3 month waiting period, which is 3 full assessment periods, the LCWRA element is then paid on the 4th month of your claim because UC is paid in arrears. This means that you won't receive your first LCWRA payment until February. No backdated money is owed. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mandyjayne123
    mandyjayne123 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    can someone help me I won my tribunal on schedule 6 of mental health got 30 points but said on universal credit I have to go on a work programme but yet on my tribunal later says limited capacity for work please some one help me understand 
  • poppy123456
    can someone help me I won my tribunal on schedule 6 of mental health got 30 points but said on universal credit I have to go on a work programme but yet on my tribunal later says limited capacity for work please some one help me understand 

Hi

On the Tribunal decision letter does it just say limited capability for work or limited capability for work related activity?

If it just states limited capability for work then this is the group that you need to take steps to prepare for work in the future and you will be expected to attend appointments but what is expected of you will depend on your claimant commitment.

If it's limited capability for work related activity then you won't be expected to attend any appointments at all and you'll receive and extra £336 per month.
  • mariaclare
    mariaclare Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    im also trying to find out i had an assessment for medical for my mental health .uc sent me a letter yesterday to say i have limited capability for work .but will have to go to job related activities ..i explained to the man i saw at the medical .that i have a 5 yr old boy that gets dla for his learning difficulties .he has microcepheley hypermobility developmental delay .problems with balance as his feet turn inwards .he on a waiting list for a autism assessment .physio for his feet a complex assessment .sensory issues ..and im his carer .i also told the man i aint good around people and differant areas i dont know .i have had suicide attempts and self harming .i also have anxiety and ptsd when stressed i do something stupid if im put out of my comfort zone
  • poppy123456
    im also trying to find out i had an assessment for medical for my mental health .uc sent me a letter yesterday to say i have limited capability for work .but will have to go to job related activities ..i explained to the man i saw at the medical .that i have a 5 yr old boy that gets dla for his learning difficulties .he has microcepheley hypermobility developmental delay .problems with balance as his feet turn inwards .he on a waiting list for a autism assessment .physio for his feet a complex assessment .sensory issues ..and im his carer .i also told the man i aint good around people and differant areas i dont know .i have had suicide attempts and self harming .i also have anxiety and ptsd when stressed i do something stupid if im put out of my comfort zone

If you're claiming the carers element of Universal Credit then you'll be placed into the no work requirements group which means you won't be expected to attend any appointments.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.