Can anyone recommend a interesting topic /subject I could learn about please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anyone recommend a interesting topic /subject I could learn about please

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
Any suggestions would be great
Thanks in advance ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Employment law it may not be very exciting to you but I enjoyed it 
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    If it were me (so might not appeal to you @Tammyjane33) I'd study either animal care, across all species, or horticulture or garden design. I would have liked to have been a zookeeper but my careers master at school threw me out of class for being stupid when I said it!
    Good Luck with whatever you choose to study.
  • MaxB
    MaxB Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Hi TammyJane......What about nutrition and healthy eating. I find it fascinating how foods work with the body. I've been self learning about nutrition for years now, and since learning new things I've given up meat and most dairy, changed my whole lifestyle and through doing this I've been able to give up all the meds I was on...I've never felt better. 

"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food"
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    What about a foreign language?

Or learning to draw or paint?
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    I would suggest something you enjoy doing ...personally,  I love history . When you like a subject it's far easier to learn ??
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    What subject do you want to study @Tammyjane33?

There are numerous adult education courses which are available at colleges these days. You can take a look at the college website for more details, pick up a prospectus or call/email the college for more information. Do you wish to learn a new skill or not? 
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Astronomy.

It has so many different parts to it so there's usually something in there you'll enjoy. Astrophotography or physics. Mapping to meteor showers. Great way to get some fresh air too.
  • AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    Hi Tammyjane33.  
    As janer1967 says, employment law would be good to study.  I studied it as part of a degree and has been one of the most useful modules since graduating 20 years or so ago.  Something else that was interesting and would be very up to date now was, Environmental law.  If your not interested in law how about some sort of environmental studies..... That is of course if you want it to be academic.....
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Wow thankyou all for your amazing suggestions. I found this very helpful and I'm going to look into some of the topics you have suggested.
    The reason I asked this question is because I want to learn something different other than other subjects I already know about. I want to learn something new and hopefully become more motivated because at the moment due to my ill physical health (rare disease) I've become less motivated and find the normal subjects that I have interest in are not stimulating because it's the same thing . I need a new topic/subject that I can learn about or do from home especially on bad days when I'm Stuck in bed in pain.

Thanks again to all. It is gratefully appreciated ❤️

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @Tammyjane33 I hope you feel a bit better soon. So sorry to hear you are stuck in bed. I enjoy reading your posts and thanks for thinking of others when you are dealing with so much at such a young age ?
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi @Tammyjane33, I suffer from rare disease too. However, I finish all my degrees before that. Now. I am reading books to find what else make me interested. I like the idea of suggestions @pollyanna1052 posted here. I would like to add perhaps you will find any interest in Reiki, Healing, writing or  blogging about your rare medical condition. Equally perhaps becoming motivation speaker would interest you too. Another option of interest is to join a charitable organisation close to your heart and aim to bring a change. Good luck with serach and let me know if you can share what is the rare disease you are suffering from. Thanks 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Can you crochet @Tammyjane33? I learnt using youtube videos, it's now something I can do when stuck in bed.
    Scope

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Local history can be interesting with many good reference books avaliable from larger libraries
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness