Isolation and depression — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Isolation and depression

kami24
kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
Does anyone feel down today?? I feel sad because the weather and just circumstances and my issues makes me feel isolated 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kami24, sorry to hear you are feeling down today. The weather really can really affect our mood, especially if it is wet and cold!

Do you have anything that you could do today? Maybe a craft or something?
    Scope

• kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Not sure if I can concentrate and noises etc in the background prevent me from doing art
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Hi,   It's a beautiful sunny day where I am at +8 degrees but I'm feeling totally isolated and seriously depressed. Psychologist was due to visit me earlier on but hasn't appeared yet and no phone call so far.  I don't really think the weather is a factor in my case.  I just wish I could get myself motivated to do something.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Chloe_Scope
    Sorry it's been so noisy @kami24!

That must have been frustrating @exdvr, have they called now? 
    Scope

• exdvr
    Sorry it's been so noisy @kami24!

That must have been frustrating @exdvr, have they called now? 

Got phone call 1.5 hours after agreed time apologising saying they'd been waylaid.  Now rearranged for tomorrow.  Why could they not have left a voicemail or sent a text message?

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Chloe_Scope
    You would have thought they would have been in touch! Anyway, I hope today goes okay. :)
    Scope

• exdvr
    You would have thought they would have been in touch! Anyway, I hope today goes okay. :)

Thanks @Chloe-Scope...psychologist, psychiatrist, and my gp are all working together now and my antibiotics and antidepressants are all being increased, plus my out of control diabetic meds are to be changed too. What with other things going on I think I've just become overloaded and hit a really dark place. Time will tell.  Thanks for your kind words.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• RedWhenHot
    RedWhenHot Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Hi @kami24
    Really crappy that you're feeling that way.
    Some days I feel so down, it's like taking baby steps to get through the day.
    I guess all our conditions get us down at some point, some more so than others.
    I suppose the best support is having someone who understands what we're going through, and can sympathise.
    But regardless, it's just nice to have 'someone' there.
    I know you sent this yesterday, but I hope you're feeling a bit better today.
    Something amazing could happen any moment aye...
    Keep your chin up :smile:
    Marley
  • Chloe_Scope
    exdvr said:

Thanks @Chloe-Scope...psychologist, psychiatrist, and my gp are all working together now and my antibiotics and antidepressants are all being increased, plus my out of control diabetic meds are to be changed too. What with other things going on I think I've just become overloaded and hit a really dark place. Time will tell.  Thanks for your kind words.
    It sounds like things are very overwhelming for you at the moment. I imagine it would be difficult to focus on anything. I hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Scope

Brightness