Glue Ear — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Glue Ear

Tripletmom
Tripletmom Community member Posts: 37 Listener
Hi,

After lots of hearing tests, one including putting my son to sleep but it went wrong and he ended up in the intensive care, I have now been told my son needs grommets due to having glue ear in both ears? Just want to know peoples experiences? Are they worth it? Thanks

Comments

• imogen37
    imogen37 Community member Posts: 61 Listener
    Hi

No experience with grommets, but we are regulars at audiology as both of my boys have hearing problems. One of them had a glue ear at one appointment, the consultant said that they wouldn't rush with grommets as glue ear often clears by itself. Sure enough, 2 months later it was gone.

x
  • Tripletmom
    Tripletmom Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    My son has had glue ear on last 3 appointments:) ive got an appointment next week so can see what happens next, if i want to go ahead with grommets or not?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bex12, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's situation and that you're feeling anxious. Unfortunately the above comments are from a fair few years ago so the posters may not respond, however I'll move this post into a new discussion and hopefully some of our community members will be able to offer some words of comfort. 
  • cdh_2802
    cdh_2802 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

I am a first year business student in France and I am looking for information about healthcare apps, and how they are perceived by parents around the world. I have chosen a free app, which won the award for the best peadiatric app in 2019, for my research. It is aimed at young children who have glue ear : https://www.cambridgedigitalhealth.co.uk/apps-1 and would welcome your feedback. The app is free to download and probably quite fun to use for the child. If you have downloaded it and used it I would be very grateful if you could answer to few questions about the application, so you can send me a private message. If this is of interest, I am happy to share my findings once I have completed my project.

Brightness