ESA & Universal Credit - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA & Universal Credit

Options
1235»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For the DHP contact your local council and ask because UC don't deal with those. A DHP should be paid to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TeddyB22
    TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Options
    Hi I wonder if you help me with something. I sent away for a statement of reasons. They replied but but it sounds like a veiled threat. I didn't think they could reconsider the award at this stage. 
    If I hadn't lost the SDP I wouldn't bother. 
    TeddyB22 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I answered on your other thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/68309/statement-of-reasons#latest BUT now i've seen this i will reply further.

Basically, HMCTS are saying that if you're happy with the decision that was made then are you sure you want to continue with the SOR request. As advised on your other thread, it's very unusual to request this if you're happy with the decision. It will indeed be sent to DWP if you continue and it's not a threat, it's simply asking if you want to go ahead because usually it's not the procedure to request this if you're happy with the decision. It's just far too much work for the judge to do.

If you're happy, then my advice is to move on and wait for any backdated money that's owed to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • TeddyB22
    Options
    Thank you Poppy for your help. It's just with me losing out on the SDP and my rep from Citizens Advice told me that I had an a good chance of receiving a higher award. They told me at the tribunal that if I had of been making a new claim for pip I wipe have received the higher award.
    I'll speak to my rep again. I'm waiting on the law society getting beck to me regarding whether I can be put back on to legacy benefits. I don't think I will. Its worth a try.
    Thanks again for your help. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I still don't understand why the reason for requesting the SOR based on this. Their advice on starting a new claim simply means that your conditions could have got worse since the original decision was made, if this is correct then they wouldn't have taken into consideration those worsening of conditions. Reporting a worsening of condition is possible but of course you risk losing everything you already have by doing this.

SDP could be claimed with either rate of daily living PIP when you were claiming legacy benefits. Personally, i wouldn't request the SOR based on your reasons above.

• TeddyB22
    Options
    The reason I asked for a SOR is because you only have one month from the date the Tribunal make their decision. If you challenge this you must first obtain a SOR before you can request a supersession.
    I've decided not to. I have 9 months left of my PIP then I'll have to reapply anyway. 
    Many thanks for your help Poppy. I hope you are well. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's good. Just so you know, you can't request a supersession for a Tribunal decision. You can only appeal on error of law.

I'm not too bad, thank you for asking. Hope you're well too.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.