benefits and working advise!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

benefits and working advise!!

jaktag
jaktag Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
Hi my daughter who is 26  has a  7 yr old disabled daughter.shes a single parent and is claiming income support,carers allowance and full housing benefit and child tax credits.shes wanting to take a job of 10 hours but is very confused if it will be worth her while as she says her income support will  stop can you please advise.Thank you.I put this on before but cant find it.

Comments

• jaktag
    Hi can someone please advise me.My daughter who is 26 has a disabled daughter age 7.my daughters on income support,full housing benefit,carers allowance and child tax credits shew wanting to do take a job working just under 10 hours a week in tern time only,Will it be worth her while and will her income support be stopped.Thank you.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,361 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You daughter will be allowed to earn £20 per week while claiming Income support. Anything more than this and her Income Support will be reduced £1 for £1.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    edited February 2020
    Hi @jaktag. How are you getting on? Has your daughter decided to take the job? Some people in her situation have looked into Universal Credit as an alternative because the work allowance can be kinder than on Income Support.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • jaktag
    Hi Adrian,my daughters taken the job she went to see a man at welfare rights and he gave her advice about  her benefits and the job,she starts on 24th feb and is looking forward to it,she wont be much better off but working will  be good for her it will be an outlet for her.Thanks for asking.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @jaktag! I hope it all goes well. :)
    Scope

Brightness