Esa medical - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa medical

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. Regulation 35 is explained here in this link. https://cpag.org.uk/welfare-rights/resources/article/making-exception

I'm assuming that because you've posted in the ESA part of the forum then it's this you're claiming and not Universal Credit.

ESA Support Group Income related is £128.45 per week and this includes the Enhanced disability premium.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gerrys6
    gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
    Yes I’m on Esa I’m not sure if or what premiums I’m getting on top . I’m on work related activity group at the moment . 

• poppy123456
    In the WRAG there's no disability premiums automatically paid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gerrys6
    So the enhanced disability premium who gets that 
  • poppy123456
    gerrys6 said:
    So the enhanced disability premium who gets that 

I answered that question above, it's automatically paid when in the support group claiming income related.
  • gerrys6
    I think I mean the severe disability premium 
  • poppy123456
    That's paid on any income related ESA BUT you need to be claiming PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care. No one must be claiming carers allowance or the carers element of UC for looking after you and you must live alone or be classed as living alone. This is not automatically paid.
  • gerrys6
    I must be getting that already ? I’m on standard rate daily living on pip I live with my three kids but only the 16 year old is still dependent on me but I am single as in no partner . 
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea what you're receiving because you haven't given any information until now other than you're in the WRAG.
  • poppy123456
    I just read what you wrote again and you said you live with your three kids but only the 16 year old is still dependent on you.

If your other 2 children are over the age of 18 and you don't claim child benefit for them then you won't qualify for the SDP unless both of them claim a qualify benefit, such as PIP daily living or DLA/mid high rate care.
  • poppy123456
    See link for SDP criteria that confirms what i advised. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium

If you don't qualify for this and the decision is support group then you will receive £128.45 per week from the date the decision is made.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.