Cababilty to work assesment universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cababilty to work assesment universal credit

kane1994
kane1994 Community member Posts: 104 Courageous
Hi, I have filled out and sent my questionnaire off on the 12 December, I have had a letter for an appointment but I got a letter and medical evidence sent to them confirming I cannot attend and would have to be home visit they have since conformed they have enough evidence to make a decision without me attending assessment centre.

Could anyone give me any ideas or clues to the outcome of this it's my first assessment.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Im one of the community champions here on scope and I’m here to help and advise others.

If it’s definitely a paper based assessment then because it your first assessment then you should be given LCWRA but you will need to wait for the decision to be made. 

If it is LCWRA then you will receive an extra £336 per month from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent your first fit note. 

There’s no timescales for decisions. Hopefully not too long. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kane1994
    Hi,

Thank you for your quick response I sent my first fit note in on the 2nd October 2019. 

I also receive at the moment standard rate pip both daily living and care component I have put in a new pip form for change in circumstances sometime ago and they have agreed to see me at my home. what happens with home assessment?

Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    If you are awarded LCWRA then it well depend when your assessment period is because the waiting period is 3 full assessment periods.

A home assessment for PIP is exactly the same process as one at an assessment centre. The only difference is that it's in the comfort of your own home. Good luck with both.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kane1994
    Thank you for your help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kane1994 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Good luck with your claim and assessment.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.  If we can be of any other help/support to you then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.
  • kane1994
    Hi I have another question for you how long are you put into the LCWRA for?

Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    There's not really any timescales because LCWRA is an ongoing award for as long as you remain in that group BUT they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months. You can ring DWP and they'll give you a guide on the timescale but it's nothing more than a guide. Some go over that time and some are contacted before that time, so it's pointless ringing to ask.
  • kane1994
    Okay thank you I have a disability that is worsening as time goes on so hopefully it's longer than usual
  • kane1994
    Does anyone know if a couple are thinking of separating and one is on lcwra does it automatically go onto the single claim or do we have to file out the forms again 
  • poppy123456
    kane1994 said:
    Does anyone know if a couple are thinking of separating and one is on lcwra does it automatically go onto the single claim or do we have to file out the forms again 
    Question answered here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/104664/limited-capability-to-work-and-work-related-activity#latest

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.