How long for medical results? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for medical results?

Comments

• mumelaine63
    mumelaine63 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
  • c2208
    c2208 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    @mumelaine63 did you receive the report yet I’ve requested one but not sure how I go through it if any advise sorry to jump on post 
  • mumelaine63
    Hi no problem, no we have not received the report just keep telling us when it’s been looked at we will see it first on our journal it’s been 16 weeks today
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    According to this thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/67498/uc50#latest @c2208 has requested the report and it's being sent out.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mumelaine63
    I took husbands fit note in on the 13th January was told they had back log but 16 weeks (at that time) was very long so was told to ring them in a couple of weeks, well rang today, it’s 19 weeks tomorrow , and was told it was still waiting to be seen by assessor, I don’t know where we go from here. How long do we wait? How do we know it hasn’t got lost somewhere? We know it was sent and received was told that on 12th December 
  • poppy123456
    If he's had the work capability assessment and the report has been returned to DWP then it won't be waiting to be seen by the assessor, it will be waiting for a decision maker to look at the report and the evidence sent. There's no timescales for decisions, backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mumelaine63
    just received a message saying he has limited capability for work and may receive extra money.we don’t know what group he’s in as lcw you get no extra
  • poppy123456
    That's correct, no extra money for this group. He will be expected to do work related activity, such as work focused interviews to prepare for work sometime in the future. What is exactly expected of him will depend on his claimant commitments.

If he disagrees with the decision and he thinks he qualifies for the LCWRA group then he has 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration. I'd advise him to get some face to face advice because there's no point in requesting this if he doesn't qualify for the other group.
  • mumelaine63
    This is his letter so is it lcw please 
  • mumelaine63
  • poppy123456
    Yes, that's LCW. Read further down and it states, you will not have to look for work but you will need to meet with your work coach to take steps to prepare for work in the future. We call these work related activity.
  • mumelaine63
    ok thank you 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @mumelaine63. I'm glad you've finally received the decision, it's been quite a wait for you both. 
    Are you happy with his grouping or do you feel he meets the LCWRA criteria?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • mumelaine63
    yes it was nearly 20 weeks and no we are not happy with results he has worsening copd now on 2 inhalers has a shadow on his lung still under investigation now has psoriasis arthritis that affects his left hand and arm and depression 
  • poppy123456
    If he requested the mandatory reconsideration for that decision then please be aware that DWP and Tribunal will not take into consideration any worsening of condition.
  • mumelaine63
    Ok where do we go from here then?
  • poppy123456
    He can either put in a worsening of condition but this will prompt another work capability assessment form to be sent and another face to face assessment is most likely. Doing this does risk losing the award he currently has.

Or he can request the MR for the existing award but the worsening of condition won't be considered.

Before doing any of that i'd advise you to have a look at the LCWRA descriptors to see if any of them apply to him because he will need to prove that he's unable to do the work related activity. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/3904-limited-capability-for-work-related-activity

I'd also advise him to get some face to face advice from an agency near him.

• mumelaine63
    just recieved message that because he is now on lcw they will not touch the first £287 of my wages back dated to September so 5 months they gave us back £904.05 but for some reason I can’t get my head around it should it not be they owe us £287 x 5 ??? Please help
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited February 2020
    Hi @mumelaine63. Unfortunately it's not that simple, it would depend on how much your wages were and how much was deducted for them already because of the wage taper.

Say you earned £500 they would have deducted £315 from your award.
    With the work allowance (£287 disregard) they would deduct £134.19 from your award.

The difference isn't £287. It equates to £180.81 difference and 180.81 x 5 = £904.05
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.