Happiness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Happiness

AndyGT
AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
What makes you Happy?  It is a simple question but the answer is anything but simple. There is no one thing that makes us all happy.  I could sit here and say that my team winning the 6 Nations or the Rugby Premiership makes me happy. Or some good comedy (which like art is a matter of opinion) . Also warm sunny days and being in doors watching a fresh snow fall and also the smell of fresh bread. Finally seeing other people happy also puts a smile on my face and gives me that buzz.  It does not matter what makes them happy, as long as they are. 

Comments

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
     Hi @AndyGT. Listening to my favourite music (mainly rock music) and also walking my lovely boarder collie Bella make me happy.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    A lovely post @AndyGT! Helping others makes me happy, and the sun shining! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Being with my girls because they are my world! seeing my fur baby (cat), helping others and warm weather. Approximately 8 weeks i'll be adding "seeing my new grandson" to that list! <3
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @AndyGT
                           Thank you for your post. Supporting others and making sure that others are happy is what puts a smile on my face. Thank you. 
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    Dogs, horses, fish, birds, roses, alpines, cacti, etc. The Natural World
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Spending time with my family and friends, helping others, enjoying hobbies/activities such as arts & crafts and Tai Chi, doing some cooking and eating the finished product, playing with my cat and going out in the sun on a lovely Summer's day.  We all need things to make us happy!  This is a great wee discussion,@AndyGT so thanks!

Congratulations for when your new grandson comes, @poppy123456!  Exciting times!  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ails thank you! Yes, very exciting. My first grandchild and i'm counting the days until i meet him :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @poppy123456.  That is so exciting!  Please let us know when he arrives.  Lovely news!  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Bettahm
    Happiness is a warm puppy

I think that was Charles Schulz in the Peanuts cartoon
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    new babies and smiling with happiness for those who get to cuddle that sweet little bundle!

seeing my hard pressed hubby laugh.....his role as my main carer seems to have worn him down

visitors

looking at my toy poodle Sophie..she is so pretty!

Sophie is with Willow, her cousin.
  • Bettahm
    They're lovely @pollyanna1052. Poodles are so intelligent. Got the looks and the brains!
  • AndyGT
    It's amazing how much a dog, or any pet can put a smile on someone's face. It is a lovely relaxing feeling to sit there and stroke a dog.  I was watching s programme on tv the other day and they showed a piece about dogs and small ponies being taken in to a home where most of the people suffer from some sort of dementia. The smiles on their faces and that spark of recognition  was a wonderful thing to see. One of the best things to see is that smile on someone else's face.
  • Bettahm
    I used to own PAT dogs, two in the nineties, and another more recently. Hopefully got another one now nearly ready to go for his test. All mine did some wonderful work without even knowing it. Oh I forgot Misty, she did heel work to music, so would 'dance' in the community lounges at care homes.
    Horses are another story, I'm getting help from horses currently.
  • AndyGT
    I hope the horses help you.  The piece I saw on tv I thought the dogs and horses were amazing.  Personally, I always find them so calming. 
  • Bettahm
    Animals are great de-stressers. Dont know if they still do it but dentists waiting rooms use to have a fish tank. Watching peaceful little tropical fish is relaxing, calming. Two of the care homes I visited also had fish tanks. So doesnt have to be a fur baby!
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    I love nature , I love animals and especially my lazy bulldog ( Hamish) ...one word from me and he does exactly what he wants to do?? I was drawn to Bulldogs and kept Bulldogs for over 25 years . Before I had Bulldogs,  I trained gun dogs , I also trained a rottweiler , he would do anything for me .swith lights on and off , close the door after he came into a room ...an easy dog to train. 
    Yep Nature is beautiful ....but can also be dangerous .
  • Bettahm
    Love watching those assistance dogs, what they can do. Your rottie reminded of them @Seanchai. We have guide dogs, hearing dogs, dogs that can prewarn people with epilepsy, dogs that'll help you in the supermarket, load and unload the washing machine, even get the hose and water the garden for you.
    Three cheers for dogs!!
  • pollyanna1052
    For this year`s Poppy Day, we must get blue poppies. These signify and celebrate the roles animals had in the wars and today, helping ex-military personnel who were injured in wars and benefit from service dogs.
  • Bettahm
    @pollyanna1052
    My vet had them on sale last year. They said they come out earlier than the red ones, and the red ones take pride of place when they arrive, so had to ask for mine, they were under the counter.
    Did you know 8 million horses died in the first world war.
  • pollyanna1052
    @pollyanna1052
    My vet had them on sale last year. They said they come out earlier than the red ones, and the red ones take pride of place when they arrive, so had to ask for mine, they were under the counter.
    Did you know 8 million horses died in the first world war.

No I didn't...wow! After having seen Warhorse....it makes you think.

I`ll be getting my blue poopy as well as my red one this time round.

Brightness