Uc money stopped. They said I failed to report a change, but nothing has changed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc money stopped. They said I failed to report a change, but nothing has changed

Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
They say I failed to report a change. Nothing has changed. I went on their site to post a message to job coach coz I cant get thru to docs for sick note and theres just a big message flashed up Your money has bee  stopped be cause you failed to report a change  I am in total panic now.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Franstrahan I suggest you give them a call to find out what is happening and if there is an error it can be rectified sooner rather than later. Unfortunately it is impossible for anyone on here to know the reason for this happening. Hope you get it sorted and keep us updated. 
  • Bettahm
    @janer1967
    I cant ring dwp as can never get thru and I'm not great with phones anyway. I've left messages for my job coach  I think when they sent a review of circumstances I said I'd changed my email but I hadn't, I just added a new address and that got very confusing trying to explain online so I gave up. And now they say that's an unreported change in my circumstances.
  • Bettahm
    @janer1967
    It's that coz they said failed to report a change in my personal circumstances  . Change/adding an email address
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Franstrahan. When is your next payment due? 
    The updating of personal details can act as a payment blocker. Unfortunately it's your case manager that needs to fix this. Do they usually respond quite quickly to you via journal? If not, you may need to find a way to call them. Would it help if you wrote a note on your journal first explaining it all and then when you call, direct them to the journal entry so you don't have to relay it over the phone?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bettahm
    @Adrian_Scope
    Is my case manager the job coach? If so, I have left her several messages.
    This is just confusion over an email address, I cant believe they stop your money for that! Besides I still have the same address.
    Money is due on the 13th
    Why also did they make no attempt to contact me about this.
    I found out by accident
  • Adrian_Scope
    No, Case Manager is different to your work coach. 
    To leave a message for your Case Manager you need to put it under either “Payment” or “Service issues”. 
    Sadly they can be very slow to reply to these or even acknowledge them. Is there someone you could ask to help you call to resolve this quicker? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bettahm
    @Adrian_Scope
    No theres no one who can help. Only my job coach if she can do something.
    I'll put messages in Payment and Service Issues now.
  • janer1967
    @Franstrahan I see Adrian has given you more specific advice and you think it is a result of trying to change your email address, but without contact from DWP you cant be certain this is the reason. I also understand your difficulty in not being able to speak over the phone which makes it very difficult for you. Do you only communicate with your job coach via your journal or can you get out to the job centre who may help and call DWP on your behalf. You may not get a very quick response from your case manager using your journal and in order to get this resolved so you get paid by your normal date would require prompt action. Keep us updated on thr outcome. I hope you get it all solrted. 
  • Bettahm
    @janer1967
    I contact the job coach via the journal, we do contact over phone once a month, its face to face I cant really deal with. She has come back to me today on the journal and she thinks it's all sorted. She said check your statement tomorrow and it should say how much I'll get on the 13th. So I've got back to her to find out how to access the statement. Thanks, I will keep you updated as worried over this plus the fact they did not tell me, I found out by accident, and over something as stupid as an email address.
  • janer1967
    @Franstrahan hopefully it will all be sorted and when you check your statement all will be correct. To check your statement log onto UC then select the home button at top of page, scroll down and go to payments , then click on the payment listed and you will see the statement that gives breakdown of your payment.
    I am bit confused tho as you said you cant communicate over phone so couldn't ring DWP but you communicate with your work coach ? 
  • Bettahm
    @janer1967
    I dont like the phone and never answer it. Its here for emergencies and it's better than face to face but theres certain people I cant communicate with, mainly authority figures. 
    Thanks for the UC info. Job coach said on the journal cant check till tomorrow as the info wont be there.
  • janer1967
    @Franstrahan I understand the phone issues. Let's hope all ok job coach is correct payment details wont be there till tomorrow I get paid on 12th and mine us available on 6th so was there today. Good luck 
  • Bettahm
    @janer1967
    Thank you. I'll let you know. Job coach messaged again that she thinks its sorted, so I'll check tomorrow. Cant believe they would have stopped it over an email address. What if I'd never accidentally found the message.
    I will post tomorrow after checking, thank you again.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Fingers crossed it's all fine tomorrow @Franstrahan. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bettahm
    @Adrian_Scope
    I really hope so, thank you.
  • Bettahm
    @janer1967
    @Adrian_Scope
    It says I wont get a statement till Feb 9. I've left messages in my journal as wont to know this is sorted.
    All over just an email address. I can hardly believe it.
  • janer1967
    It may be worth checking a bit later today as its early and their systems may not have updated yet. Also if they made changes yesterday this may have delayed the statement being ready till the 9th 
  • Bettahm
    @janer1967
    I hope that's it. As my job coach said yesterday, and you confirmed, it should have been there today.
    So hoping they are correcting things and not stopping my money. Job coach might message me later.
    Thank you.
    As a PS, I emailed my second cousin re this too, and shes got back to me like I've made some kind of mistake... The dwp wont stop your money over an email address, she says reassuringly.
    That's what it said on the screen yesterday. Your payments have been stopped.
    So yes, it is unbelievable.
  • Bettahm
    @janer1967
    They have now updated the statement today.
    And corrected it, so I will get paid on Thursday.
    Thank you for all your help
  • janer1967
    That's great glad it's all sorted dont go spending it all at once lol take care 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.