Severe disability premium advise - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Severe disability premium advise

2»

Comments

• Artmuzz
    Artmuzz Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    edited February 2020
    I got accepted for Severe Disability Premium which means I get more money on my ESA. I was wondering will I still get full housing benefit and council tax benefit since I’m getting more money on my ESA with SDP? Please advise.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    The SDP will not affect any other benefits in a bad way and you'll continue to receive what you were receiving before the SDP was added.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • s1m0n
    s1m0n Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Sorry to hijack thread , I am also interested in knowing if i would qualify , I get pip standard living and topped up esa income related. I only get the enhanced disability premium. However I still live with my parents due to certain circumstances but essentially i am my own person. My mom gets pip both enhanced .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    s1m0n said:
    Sorry to hijack thread , I am also interested in knowing if i would qualify , I get pip standard living and topped up esa income related. I only get the enhanced disability premium. However I still live with my parents due to certain circumstances but essentially i am my own person. My mom gets pip both enhanced .
    Hi, 

You say you live with parents, if this is both parents then they will both need to be claiming a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care for you to qualify. No one must also be claiming carers allowance or carers element of universal credit for looking after you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.