ESA medical assessment due... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA medical assessment due...

ashlu0161
ashlu0161 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi all I was sent a medical questionnaire before Christmas which I returned promptly...

I haven’t heard anything back , so I rang the medical centre in charge and they said that the. DWP had took the file back on the 27th January and had the resent it back to them on 3rd feb ...the medical centre said it can take a few days for them to recieve it back ok ve sent , and they will then look a it ...

I am not worrying what the dwp took the file back for ?? ..I thought the medical was all dealt with by the medical centre, they said it was them that wrote to my GP etc ....

im probably just being paranoid, but as I suffer with terrible. Mental health problems I’m stressing about it....

does anyone know what could be happening??

thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

This does happen sometimes, if the decision maker needs to verify something that was written in the report, they will return it to the health assessment providers for verification.

You can of course ring to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ashlu0161
    Hi thanks for replying 

it’s the dwp who took the file back ..the medical centre haven’t done anything with it yet 

I rang the medical centre who sent the questionnaire, and the said the DWP had took it back from them ...but have since returned it , and it will now be looked at ...I just don’t see why the DWP have took it off the assessment centre ...

I haven’t been asked to attend anything yet 
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea why they would do this. A decision can't be made without the report being written first. Probably nothing to worry about. If an assessment is needed then you'll be sent an appointment date. Most people have them so i'd advise you to expect one of those. Waiting times vary depending on backlog in your area.

Sorry i couldn't give you any more help but DWP maybe able to tell you why it was sent back to them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ashlu0161
    Thanks for ur help ..I wish I hadn’t phoned them now....

it’s for a reassessment to see if I’m still eligible , I’m in the support group....I’m just worried sick there gonna try and knock me off it ?
  • ashlu0161
    Can anyone tell me what to ask for if I write to the DWP for a copy of the report following a medical examination...

thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Hi 

Based on your other thread there won’t be an assessment report to request yet. This won’t be available until either they’ve done a paper based assessment or you’ve had a face to face assessment and the report has been returned to DWP. After this the quickest way to receive it is to ring DWP, rather than write to them.
  • poppy123456
    I totally agree how stressful the whole process is having been through it multiple times myself. Unfortunately all you can do is wait. 
  • ashlu0161
    Yes sorry I am just getting prepared for after the assessment...what do I ask for ?

thanks
  • ashlu0161
    Yes your right ..thank you 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    ESA85 or just the assessment report.
  • ashlu0161
    Thank u so much ? 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    There is no need to write to DWP, a telephone request is all that is needed, make sure you have your identity details to hand to confirm who you are. On receiving your assessment report and reading it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. 
  • ashlu0161
    Wilco how soon after the assessment should I ring and ask for the report?
  • poppy123456
    ashlu0161 said:
    Wilco how soon after the assessment should I ring and ask for the report?

A week. Please try to keep to the same thread because it's very confusing when posting multiple threads with the same questions.
  • ashlu0161
    I only posted it once but I got an error message ..it seems to have duplicated..sorry about that
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @ashlu0161. I've merged your threads together. Sorry about the error, it happens sometimes and we're working to fix it. Best of luck with the assessment.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ashlu0161 and welcome to the Community.  Good luck with your assessment.  Please let us know how you get on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.