Single disable mums — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Single disable mums

iza
iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
Hi, I have a question to single disable mums who brining child/children alone. Where do you get support from if you not filling well ( for example : short illness) ? Where to get support from if you do not have family in this country? Any advice highly appreciated. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Hi @poppy123456, thank you for your message but I have rare medical condition none of above would apply for me. I underwent few extraction of teeth and I was hopping for different support for example organisation providing volunteer who could help for example  with shopping for few days etc. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    A needs assessment will cover lots of areas if help is needed on a long term basis and this is where you need to start.

If it's just short term help then i don't know of any organisations that would provide this service free of charge. You could search your local area to see what's available but you'll most likely have to pay for this service yourself.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @iza, how are you getting on? :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @iza Hello and welcome to the community, I too am a single mum and know how difficult it can be bringing up a child as a disabled mum. We tend to have to rely on help from friends or family. Like other have short term help isnt easy to come by but please do the needs assessment as suggested as they can sign post you to relevant help. Thed other suiggestion could be to speak to social services or maybe your GP who could offer sugesstions. 

Brightness