Help to move house — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help to move house

Lynne2020
Lynne2020 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Lone disabled parent wants to move house No one to turn to for help 

Help to move house 1 vote

Where to get help?
100% 1 vote
Is there help?
0% 0 votes

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

May i ask if you're privately renting your home or rent from council/social housing?

Do you also want to live in the same area or a different area?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lynne2020 and a very warm welcome to the community!

What is your current housing situation? I hope this will help us to advise you better.
    Scope

• Lynne2020
    I am waiting on a transfer closer to my child's school We are in a housing association bungalow 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Is the bungalow you're living in because you have a disability? are you looking for advice on companies to help you move? funding to help with moving costs?

Sorry but you haven't really given any information for anyone to be able to advise you correctly. If we could have some more information then it would be helpful.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lynne2020
    Sorry Yes I have severe osteoporosis along with several other illnesses and disability I will be moving I have a child I have no one to talk to about help I have been conned before as I am nieve 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lynne2020 Welcome to the community. Im sorry but it isn't very clear what you want help with. Do you want to find help to find a new house? or help with finances ? or help with removal company. Have you got somewhere to move to ?  As you are in a housing association property are you looking for a swap with them if so do you have a housing officer you can contact. It may also be worth contacting your local council housing team  . I was assigned a housing officer through my council who was brilliant support, she went o visit houses with me, arranged the moving company and assistance packing up and stuff  
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Lynne2020, have you been able to contact your housing officer? Just wanted to see how things were going. :)
    Scope

• Lynne2020
    Hi sorry no I am going to contact him tomorrow 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Did you have any luck today @Lynne2020?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @Lynne2020, have you been able to contact them? :)
    Scope

• Lynne2020
    Hi I have been phoning daily and the housing officer is not available I will keep trying 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sorry to hear this, I really hope you can get through soon @Lynne2020!
    Scope

• Lunas
    Lunas Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi. I just wondered please is there any practical help if you found a property to do a mutual exchange with but it needed a lot of work & cleaning etc before you moved in!
    Any ideas would be appreciated . Thanks ? 

Brightness