catheter change — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

catheter change

pollyanna1052
pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
This morning I had my regular 4 weekly supra pubic catheter changed. Nowt unusual, but my district nurse brought a student nurse with her..a male called Harry. . She asked if I`d mind allowing him to assist. Of course I said I didn't. We all have to learn, don't we?

He was gentle and kind. We have a shortage of district nurses and they are so busy. I hope Harry does well and enjoys his work.

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I thought I`d put this post under Coffee Lounge. Maybe  I clicked on the wrong line. Please can a mod put it into coffee lounge for me?
    Many thanks

Polly xx
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done Polly, it can sometimes be awkward or embarrassing when the opposite sex attends to our medical needs. But at the end of the day they are health professionals who have done it or seen it all before. Yes they have to learn and practice its all in a days work for them. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pollyanna1052, just to let you know that I have moved this to the coffee lounge. I know it can be odd having students there, but like you say, they need to learn!

I remember having so many student physios watching!
    Scope

• brujah81
    brujah81 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    My husband is a nurse and was a district nurse for over a year.. i remember when  he was studying.. he now trains new nurses and carers for Bupa in skills for their jobs over the South. He has been a Nurse for 12 Years now

Brightness