Decision Letter Not Working — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision Letter Not Working

MK1993
MK1993 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi 
I have received my decision letter on Monday, I was found to have LCWRA, but the letter has not been filled in properly as one of the boxes was not selected.

i have rang Universal credit and asked them to send me a copy of the report from the decision maker, that will include the points that I received. But I have received the letter today and it’s the report from the work capability assessment they have sent. I already have this. 

What should I do. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    HI and welcome,

What box wasn't selected? LCWRA is not about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the descriptors here.

Or substantial risk, which is the main route into this group for a lot of people and again no points are scored or needed for this.

As you've received the assessment report it will tell you what the recommendations were for LCWRA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MK1993
    This is what they didn’t confirm. And it also doesn’t state how long I have it for 
  • poppy123456
    To be honest i'm not sure on the answer to that drop down box, despite my knowledge. As it already states LCWRA then that's the decision.

Timescales, it never states this because they can reassess you anytime from 3 months. You can ring to ask for a the timescale but it doesn't mean anything other than it's just a guide.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • MK1993
    Ok thanks. Is there any other information I can ask for other than the information from the work capability assessment that I had 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. No, i'm not sure what other information you would want.
  • MK1993
    The letter they put on my journal , the one I sent on here that is all it states is there any more information that should be on there 
  • poppy123456
    That's all the information they put on the work capability assessment decision letters, it's usually very vague. There's no timescales, as i advised. Whether you're owed any backdated money will depend on your assessment period dates and when you sent your first fit note. This information isn't put on the letters because they put another message on your journal 7 days later.
  • MK1993
    Ok well thank you for your help 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome,

If you're not owed any backdated money then the extra LCWRA is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent your first fit note but there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.