Partner moving in what will happen with our benifits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Partner moving in what will happen with our benifits

misstracey
misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
hello and thank you  in advance i live with my son i recieve esa in a support  group and pip my son is on jobseekers allowance the father of my son lives else where he is on esa for his illness we was talking about getting back together and him moving in with me my son is moving out to be with his girlfriend.So he will not be here how does it effect our benefits   if we are both are claiming esa would we be on 1 claim for esa or would we have to make a new claim or even have to be put on universal credit  very confused thanxs

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It will depend what ESA you are both claiming. Is it Income related, Contributions based or New style ESA? If you're not sure then you will both need to ring DWP to ask.  Do either of you have any dependent children?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • misstracey
    no dependent children poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    What about the other question, is it contributions based or income related that you're both claiming? If you don't know then you'll both need to ring DWP to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • misstracey
    i will phone and ask thankyou x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @misstracey. Did you manage to find out if you were on income-related ESA?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.