Storm Ciarra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Storm Ciarra

Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
Hope everybodys staying safe in this storm x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Trying to it seems tto be calming down a bit now, thankfully. My Niece is stuck in Denmark she was flying home from New York but the plane was unable to land in Gatwick so they were diverted there until there is an improvement better be safe than sorry.
  • Bettahm
    @janer1967
    I'm on the east coast, and we havent had it too bad, and does seem to be calming down too. Next couple of days set to be very windy though.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I live in mid wales and the wind has been quite bad here but doesn't seem to have caused any structural damage. Everything seems to have calmed down now thank goodness! Yesterday when I was walking my dog I had to walk in the other direction to the way I normally walk because the wind was really strong. It looks like we are in for some snow in the next few days. 
  • Bettahm
    @deb74
    Just a warning on the dog walking, because of this nationwide vomiting disease. Be extra cautious x
    I'm in the east, and we appear to have got off very lightly in the storm. Still windy, but not like yesterday.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots of people in Calderdale are under water...for the 3rd time in 10 years. Luckily we haven't been affected...but just 1/4 of a mile away is awash! I feel s sorry for them
  • Bettahm
    @pollyanna1052
    We really have got off light in the east. The storms officially gone but still some strong gusts of wind out there. We didnt get much rain either. Feel sorry for anyone affected by this storm. Think weather set bad thru till Wednesday PM.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots of flooding in my area, with the bridge being closed yesterday.

I hope everyone is okay. :)
    Scope

• deb74
    Hi @Franstrahan. I hadn't heard about the dog vomiting disease. Thanks for the warning.
  • Bettahm
    Hi, @deb74. I started a thread in the coffee lounge if you check it out. 400+ dogs nationwide with it (4 have died, but all had underlying conditions). Particularly nasty vomiting 'bug'. They dont know what's causing it yet. If you Google dog vomiting disease it's all there. Stay safe x
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots of flooding in my area, with the bridge being closed yesterday.

I hope everyone is okay. :)

where`s this?
  • Bettahm
    We have a yellow warning for snow this evening and overnight! Havent seen snow round here since The Beast From The East. Be surprised if theres much.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    edited February 2020
    I,m up in the hills in Scotland central belt ....the snow has been on and off all day . Sometimes a blizzard due to high winds . There is some structural damage I believe , especially down in the border area.
    Please stay safe and only travel if you really need to .??
  • Bettahm
    The yellow warning for overnight snow has been lifted from here. We had a few flakes late this afternoon that settled for a while till it turned to rain. I'm not disappointed! Suspect most people north and west of here have had it far worse.
    Stay warm and safe everybody
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I live in Surrey. Some trees are down but otherwise we are safe. 
  • Bettahm
    While we are still feeling and dealing with the aftermath of Storm Ciara, Storm Dennis is due this Saturday. Did we always get storms like this? The only one I can remember is the 1987 one, and think that mainly affected the south of England.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    We have always had storms naming them is a new thing. We moved house on the day of the 1987 one.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Bettahm
    @woodbine
    If I remember right the 1987 storm hit NW London where we lived overnight. Day before we had travelled back from Plymouth where my grandma lived. My dad had been anxious to get home to watch the boxing on TV. Parents slept right thru the storm. I didnt! Cant remember anything quite like it before.
  • deb74
    it looks like we are in for another storm this weekend!
  • Bettahm
    Storm Dennis on Saturday into Sunday this weekend.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Fortunately it's not been too bad where I am. A few bins blowing around, but that's about it. I hope no one is too badly affected and that Storm Dennis is kind to everybody when he comes.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness