Carers premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carers premium

mimmit
mimmit Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hi,I applied for carers in Nov 26th 2019 for my Autistic grandson who is 8 I have looked after him from 9 months while parents work he was diagnosed in Sept Oct last year and gets PIP middle rate,,I was told as get pension credit although entitled to carers allowance from Dec 2nd could not receive as receive pension credit and contact pension credit about carers premium this was Jan 17th then I received a letter dated 31st Jan 2020 from pension credit handling site A saying I would be receiving carers premium on my pension credit fro 2nd Sept 2019 great you would think but next day received a letter from pension credit also dated 31st Jan from pension credit handling site B  saying I am entitled to carers premium fro 23rd Dec 2019  bot have pages saying exactly how it is worked out now I am confused has anyone else experienced this ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @mimmit Hello and welcome to the community, I am a community champion here. Unfortunately I am unable to answer your query but I am sure one of the other champions will be able to. The site is a bit quiet over the weekend so you may not get an immendiate response. I just wanted to welcome you and I hope you get your query resolved.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It will be DLA that he claims and not PIP because he's under the age of 16.

Carers premium is £36.85 per week and this is what your pension credit will be increased by.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mimmit, is there anything else we can do to help?
    Scope

Brightness