PIP due for review from September 2019 but no review form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP due for review from September 2019 but no review form

AspieMale
AspieMale Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, looking for advice please, my pip is going to stop in September 2020, on my letter it states they will contact me after the 11th September 2019, ("we will also contact you while you're getting PIP to see if your needs have changed and to look at the amount you get. This will be after 11 September 2019". Is what states on PIP award letter) 5 months later (from 11 Sept) no review form. The last review was (Oct 2017 and had assment vist in March 2018 and my award is from Oct 2017 to Sept 2020 ). . Should I be worried, should I get someone to contact (phone) them or should I just wait and if so how long before its too late? (I don't do well with verbal information)

I'm also worried as the hassle had getting a home vist sent me on a downward spiral and tooks months and the support team (mental health team were great but been told by them that they can no longer do / help with pip forms/process and I should use Fish or citizen advice which when I can't leave my flat makes it hard.)  How can I ensure that it dont happen again and home vist is booked?

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Reviews now take place 6 months before the award is due to end and not 12 months before like they used to, so it will be sometime next month that you'll receive the review form.

For the home visit then a letter from your GP will be needed and i'd advise you to send this with the form and state you'd like the home visit on the form.

When you fill out the form you need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AspieMale
    AspieMale Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Ah ok, thank you @poppy123456 This will my first time doing it without my support team. I should be able to get letter from CMHT. (which would be better the CMHT or GP?) Just wasn't sure and was getting bit worried. Am already in a mess with my eletric bill as I didn't know the traiff ended last march and they put me on varible rate which trippled my bill. So was just worried that something not right or I missed something. Again thank you.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. I would advice that a letter from CMHT would be better than your GP because a GP very rarely knows how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @AspieMale! Please do let us know if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.