Should I do Mandatory Reconcilliation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I do Mandatory Reconcilliation

susan48
susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
Hi after  waiting  11 weeks with no pip, my last award was an appeal, I have now been awarded standard daily. This has yet again came from Enhanced daily and standard mobility.

My dilemma is should I take this to the next stage, I am so tired and struggling with the whole sham of a system. My brain isn’t working and I don’t know what to do.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @susan48   My friend how are you been a while sorry to hear this.

Please I am going to tag in my friend a member of the team.

@poppy123456 please can you help and advise this friend of mine, might be useful. Know you have a lot of expertise and knowledge.

Please my friend @susan48 contact me PM if you so wish never bothering me .

Always here.  happy to be supportive anytime .

Please take care.

Your friend

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Thanks @thespiceman for the tag,

Only you can decide whether to request the MR followed by Tribunal, if the MR doesn't change the decision.

If you do decide then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request it. You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

As you know, most MR decisions remain the same, although we have had a few people that's had the decision changed at MR stage, here on scope. If it goes to Tribunal the waiting times are huge, with some waiting as long as a year for a hearing date.

What ever you decide, good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susan48
    Thanks @thespiceman and @poppy123456.
    i don’t have the strength to even make the decision so I’m going to hopefully contact the citizens advice to see what the advise.
    after the appeal in 2018 i was awarded 19 points, now 9 points. 

Thanks for you replies 
  • susan48
    Update- spoke to CAB and sat for an hour to be told what I already know.

No mr my strength has gone 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @susan48Hello and welcome go the community. I  am sorry to hear about your issues with your PIP claim and I understand how draining the whole process is. You and only you can make the decision about whether to appeal . If you have been successful at appeal last time and your condition is the same then it may be worth considering an appeal but bear in mind it may not have the same outcome. Personally I would consider what you would gain from a higher award and is it worth going through the process ? Good luck with whatever you decide.     
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @susan48, really sorry to hear this, and that Citizen's Advice couldn't be more helpful. It is completely your decision about the MR and we will support you whichever you choose.

If you'd like to talk it over with someone then you can contact our helpline on 0808 800 3333.

Take care and stay in touch. :)
    Scope

• skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    susan48 said:
    Update- spoke to CAB and sat for an hour to be told what I already know.

No mr my strength has gone 

I really can sympathise with you. I am/was hoping to get a ten year award at renewal due to my age. Seems that this isn't as automatic as the press reports have made out. I'm too old and weary to go through the MR and Tribunal system with whatever happens. 
  • susan48
    @skullcap.
    iv already been through the appeal process and it took months to recover. I know this is why the DWP do this because they know we get ground down and have no fight left. 
    I just wonder how I could go from 29 points at appeal to 9 point!!?? 

I had to call psychiatrist yesterday as my heads a total mess ??

• Chloe_Scope
    Hi @susan48, just wanted to check in to see how you were doing. :)
    Scope

• Mickyjim
    Mickyjim Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Has your local council got a welfare rights advisor that can help you, CAB is not your only port of call.

• susan48
    @Chloe_Scope,
    im ok better since deciding to just take the award. No trying to get my finances sorted. The biggest worry was me being unable to pay the mortgage. 
    Anyone else who finds themselves in this situation my best advice would be definitely contact your mortgage provider and explain the situation. Mine were great 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @susan48, I'm so glad to hear they were understanding! That must have been a relief.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.