Concerned after PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Concerned after PIP assessment

worried111
worried111 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Did PIP assessment 2 weeks ago, was told I'd get a decision in 10 days......what's gone wrong???? I'm really worried 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I'm not sure who told you that you'll have a decision in 10 days but that's very optimistic. There's no timescales for any decision but expect something like 2-8 weeks, possibly longer. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

If you live in the UK then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • worried111
    Thank you....I've been so worried. That's reassuring. Of the people on this forum how long have they been waiting from f2f assessment to decision on average?
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. There's really no timescales, as i advised, it can be anything between 2-8 weeks sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • worried111
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community, I am a community champion here at scope. Its nice to see new members. You have already had your query answered but if there is anything else you want help with then please let us know .Also keep us up yo date with your PIP
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @worried111 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm pleased Poppy has been able to reassure you, & do let us know how you get on with your PIP assessment report
  • blue32
    blue32 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    The wait is tough but hopefully isn't too long
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sent forms back end of September and got my decision 1st February! It’s awful to leave vulnerable people this long 
  • worried111
    Wow!! Was that a new claim or DLA switch? 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi just looking for a bit of support, my f2f was due today got a txt earlier saying had to cancel till tomorrow, can’t believe it as not slept for ages waiting on today ☹️
  • poppy123456
    Lou67 said:
    Hi just looking for a bit of support, my f2f was due today got a txt earlier saying had to cancel till tomorrow, can’t believe it as not slept for ages waiting on today ☹️

HI and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear that your assessment was canceled. Unfortunately, these things happen and sometimes assessments are canceled at the last minute, it's happened to me in the past too. Hopefully the one tomorrow will go ahead as planned, good luck.
  • Lou67
    Thanks Poppy 
  • Lou67
    Sorry to be a pest, does anyone no if I need to take a list of my medication. Thanks 
  • Lou67
    So sorry I mean do I need to take list of medication to my pip f2f thanks again ?
  • poppy123456
    Lou67 said:
    Sorry to be a pest, does anyone no if I need to take a list of my medication. Thanks 

If you didn't send evidence of this when you sent the form then yes, you can take it with you. Evidence should have been sent with the form when you returned it. Hopefully they will accept it on the day because they don't always.
  • Lou67
    Oh I did send it just wasn’t sure if still had to take it thanks so much for your help. 
  • Jay1969
    Jay1969 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    @worried111

Hi

I think the 10 day decision meant the assessor will send the report to DWP within 10 days.
    After DWP receive this it can take anything from 8-14 weeks depending on the PIP application.
    Generally new applications take 4-8 weeks and Change of Circumstances for PIP take longer.
    Hope that helps..
  • Lou67
    Morning I had my pip f2f on the 10th got a text yesterday saying dwp had received my assessment back, how long should I wait to ask for a copy and what no do I call. Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    As the report has now been returned to DWP you can ring anytime. The number to ring is the enquiry line on 0800 121 4433.
  • Lou67
    Thanks I appreciate the help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.