On Universal credit but cant cope with working — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

On Universal credit but cant cope with working

Options
Kimmy78
Kimmy78 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
My partner and I are on joint UC. Hes working part time and I'm unemployed.  I've had a long history of anxiety and depression.  After years off work with this illness I decided I'd go on UC with my partner and actively seek work. My work coach puts so much pressure on me even knowing how difficult it is for me.  So I've been to lots of interviews after applying for job upon job. I went for a work trial and gladly accepted the job offered to me. Now I'm in panic mode and turned the job down. My anxiety is back with a vengeance.  
Now I'm worried that we wont get any help financially.  Advice please x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

May i ask if you've been sending in fit notes from your GP to start the limited capability for work process off? If you haven't then you'll need to do this ASAP. It may not exclude you completely from having to attend appointments because a fit note doesn't automatically entitle you to limited capability for work. It's your work coaches discretion whether they reduce of turn them off.

Once the fit note is sent then you'll be referred for a work capability assessment about 1 month later, sometimes longer. Once that is done you'll be sent a work capability assessment form to fill in and return with all your evidence to support your claim. Once you send this back you'll most likely have to attend a work capability assessment where they will assess your ability to do any type of work. Once that is done a decision will be made on your claim. This process could take several months.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kimmy78
    Options
    Yes it does. Thank you very much.
    Really appreciate it x
  • Kimmy78
    Options
    Oh and no I've not even seen my doctor yet. I'll make an appointment tomorrow 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

You will need to continue to send the fit notes until a decisions been made on the limited capability for work (LCW)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kimmy78
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Kimmy78 and a warm welcome to the community. Just wanted to check in and see how you were doing. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.