assessment letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

assessment letter

danny1986
danny1986 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
after having a hme assessment for esa a few weeks ago i got a letter saying due a change in circumstances what i am getting from feb and then in april and im in the support group it does not mention my assment or how many points i got does this mean im keeping my benefit it was not clear ??

Comments

• danny1986
    the letter just says we looked at your claim following a recnt change and from 7th feb we have awarded you 106.75 a week and  a decision on your work capability you been mved from work relateed activity group too support group    and from april you will be awarded 108.95    and then it just mentioned they used taw years from april 2000 too april 2001  can anyone tell me if they think i kept it ok ???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It means you've been placed into the Support Group but the amounts you've put here of £108.95 per week and not support groups rates. May i ask if you're claiming Income related or Contributions based and do you have any deductions from your ESA for anything?

Support Group rates for Contributions based now are £111.65. Income related Support Group is £128.45 per week (single person)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danny1986
    just electric   and so   i passed my medical so too speak and kept the benefit em the letter was not clear it did not even mention my medical
  • poppy123456
    ESA decision letters are always very vague and only give the most basic information. Timescales are never added to the letters because you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • danny1986
    ok thanks so it seems like i kept it
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Looks to be self explanationany it just reading the letters a few times to understand their terminology. Well done you can now see what other help is available to you. 
  • danny1986
    i was just confused as it mention due too a recent change but i guess they mean the acessment and they never mentioned the medical so it just confused me
  • poppy123456
    danny1986 said:
    ok thanks so it seems like i kept it

Yes indeed but you've been moved to the support group. It doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to any other benefits though. The only thing it will exclude you from is the benefit cap, if that applied to you when you were in the WRAG. Great news, now you can relax for a while.
  • danny1986
    yeah i get pip so i assume i i get everything im just happy too   keep it and keep what i get

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.