Law change mobility - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Law change mobility

2»

Comments

• blue32
    blue32 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Received PIP assessment report

13 points care
    10 for mobility

That is the recommendation, I done two physical examinations my bones physically cracked and I whinced in pain. No mention of this and disgustingly it says I done a lot more exercises that simple did not happen and it even says I was in no pain. There is other lyes throughout the report it looks like her recommendation is an award for one year. Next time I am recording it up too now there had never been lyes in any assessment.

Parts of the report are very poorly written and littered with spelling mistakes, there's parts me or my support worker don't understand but the award is fair although 0 points for walking especially with my nerve damage and the lyes about physical examination may well be appealed.

My question is how rare is it for DWP not to go with the recommendation, it also appears despite writing to my GP they haven't had it back.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    It's rare for them to go against the report but it can happen.

If you do request the MR for the mobility part then whether you're entitled to Enhanced mobility will depend how your conditions affect you. If you're not claiming for a physical condition then the moving around part will not apply to you.

When writing the letter for the MR you should avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because you can't prove what did or didn't happen during the assessment. They won't be interested in any of those. All they will want to know is where and why you think you should have scored those points. With added examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • blue32
    blue32 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Thanks poppy yes I have bad nerve damage in legs feet hands etc etc.

Yes we are going to complain to them

About MR I'm going to see what final award is and then see what's what.

Hopefully then I can actually get what this thread was originally started for sorted out as they've put a hold on it

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.