Tax credits child benefit - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tax credits child benefit

Comments

• Poppy12
    Poppy12 Community member Posts: 66 Connected
    Do the take all that amount off just for a partner 
  • Poppy12
    When my son gets a full time job will it affect what I get in universal credit. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    If your partner is claiming Carers allowance for looking after you then your ESA should be £148.20 per week. Then he'll receive the carers allowance separately,

There's no dependency element of ESA, this applied to Incapacity benefit.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Poppy12
    No the dependacy element on carers. So your saying I should get that amount with my husband even caring for me. But hey its going up in. April anyway. Thanks for your help 
  • poppy123456
    If you're only receiving £109 per week ESA then you'll need to either ring ESA and ask them why you're only receiving this law amount. Or take all your paper work to an advice agency near you and ask them to take a look. It's extremely difficult to give any further advice here because i can't see any of your paper work and without all the exact information it's impossible to give any further advice, we could be here all day.

Please remember that your son leaving full time education will not mean you'll have to claim UC. You will remain on all of your existing benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Poppy12
    But I didn't get this from 2013 do I been missing out on this ever since
  • Poppy12
    I've been claiming esa since 2013 and I it £109 ever since shouldn't I get it back dated 
  • poppy123456
    It's possible that you are not claiming ESA as a couple and you're claiming ESA for just yourself and it's Contributions based. Although that amount is still less than what it should be because it should be £111.65 per week.

You say your partner is claiming Carers allowance? You also mention a work focused interview that they have to attend. Does your partner claim Income Support as well as Carers allowance? This would explain the reason why they have to attend the work focused interview.

Without knowing all of your exact circumstances it's very difficult to advise you.
  • Poppy12
    My husband doesent claim income support he's down on esa as my partner to get prescriptions ect 
  • poppy123456
    Then the amount you're receiving isn't correct based on the information you gave and you'll definitely need to ring ESA.
  • Poppy12
    Definitely my mental health worker said she will ring them up. Thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Please come back and let us know, i'd be very grateful.
  • Poppy12
    If my son starts a part time job will it be a change in circumstances to go onto universal credit in July August time sorry to a pain 
  • poppy123456
    Poppy12 said:
    If my son starts a part time job will it be a change in circumstances to go onto universal credit in July August time sorry to a pain 

No, absolutely not because what your son earns has no affect on your benefits.
  • Poppy12
    Isent it affects rent and council tax 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    Your rent will not be affected, as i already advised a couple of times. The is because you're receiving DLA and non dependent deductions will not apply to you. See link and scroll down to exemptions from deductions. https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/benefits/housing_benefit_deductions_when_living_with_non-dependants

Council tax reduction then you'll need to contact your local council because all councils have their own rules and i won't be able to advise you with this.

• Poppy12
    I've been looking on the website and it said if a child leaves college it will be affected and rent going up. Or down and in April the housing benefit going up so there's a change in circumstances 
  • Poppy12
    In April 2020 the housing benefit is going up that's a change in circumstances 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    Poppy12 said:
    I've been looking on the website and it said if a child leaves college it will be affected and rent going up. Or down and in April the housing benefit going up so there's a change in circumstances 

I'm not sure what you've read but whatever it is you have misunderstood it because as i keep advising, those are not classed as a change in circumstances that will prompt a move to UC.

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and my knowledge is quite extensive regarding benefits. See this link and it will tell you all the changes of circumstances that will prompt a move and yours is NOT one of them.

A child leaving education and rent increases are not changes that will prompt a move to UC. Your tax credits will just be adjusted to a lower amount once your son leave education. Do be aware also that your child benefit will also change to a lower amount. As your still claiming this for your other son, if it's just for him then you will receive the higher amount of £20.70 for the first child.

• Poppy12
    I have a 8 year old too. Thanks for your advice 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.