Decision notice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision notice

kel66
kel66 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
I had a  assessment for esa 2 years ago and never got  A decision letter, so for two years I have sent in sick notes for 2 years, then a friend told I should had a letter and the sick note should of stopped. So I phoned them and they said I did not pass the  assessment, but no one sent me a letter to say this, I have now requested my  assessment record. To see what I scored. I now been told that I will need another  assessment. I have not been so stressed out in my life. I don’t know what will happen if I don’t passed, i’m not fit for work, I must be able to  complained somewhere that I was left 2 years thinking everything was ok, not good for my depression and my other illnesses ty

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

What was the decision of that very first assessment you had 2 years ago? You say you didn't pass but if your ESA has continued to be paid since that decision was made then i'm assuming you were placed into the work related activity group (WRAG) if you had been found fit for work then your ESA would have stopped from the date the decision was made. There's no extra money for those in this group if their claim started after April 2017, which i'm assuming yours did.

As you've now been sent another work capability assessment form then that is correct because they can reassess you anytime from 3 months. As it's been 2 years since your last one then it means that you were due another anyway. You will need to fill out the form and return it will all your evidence to support your claim and you must return it no later than the date stated on the form.

Expect another face to face assessment because most people have them. Paper based assessments are rare.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kel66 Hello and welcome to the community I am a community champion here, I just wanted to say hello and welcome. Poppy has already given you answer to your question, if there is anything else we can help you with don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your claim and keep us updated 
  • kel66
     They said the decision was that I failed the first assessment,But nobody sent me a letter to tell me this so I was just sending sicknotes in as I did before I had my assessment, and they continue to pay me, I was never told if I was in a work related group or otherwise.  I was told  my money should’ve stopped after assessment but nobody sent me a letter to tell me this,So I took it as I passed and kept continue to send sicknotes in, as I not told not to, they even texted me  when the sicknotes were running out 
  • poppy123456
    If you were found fit for work after that assessment and you continued to receive your money then you've been very lucky because your money should have stopped. Are you continuing to receive the money now or has it stopped?

The form will need to be filled in and returned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kel66
    Not sure what is going to happen they paid me today, I think they know they were meant to send out the  decision letter and did not. My doctor will give me the sick notes, they send me me texts saying your sick notes are running out and send me letters to tell me too, but never sent that  decision letter, when I called one man told me a Decision had not even been made, then another told me I failed it. Basically they messed up 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @kel66. Can I ask how much ESA you are receiving each week? I'm wondering, with the fit notes too, if they've just keep you on the assessment rate and that a decision was never processed properly. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kel66
    Hi  Adrian  I get 138ish every two weeks. 
  • kel66
    146.20 every two weeks
  • poppy123456
    That could either be assessment rate or WRAG, if your claim started after April 2017.
  • kel66
    I think all of it is wrong, I have sent sick notes in for over two and half years, my face to face Decision letter was never sent out and that yook place in feb 2018, they said I failed but no one told me. So I have ask for a copy of the report, waiting on it now.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @kel66. Have they said they'll be sending you out a new form to fill in? This must be very stressful and I'm sorry you're in this situation. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kel66
    Yes I have a new form and very stressful, it’s not done a lot for my depression and  anxiety, just sheer panic

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.