Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

kelly11
kelly11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I’m new to this but I was hoping for some advice. I received my app from PIPS  for F2F from Atos for this coming Tuesday. This is a renewal. My last two assessments were both previously paper based. I send in supporting evidence from my psychiatrist stating the problems I have with  my functional abilities and also prescription lists. I was wondering can they only do so many paper based assessments before they need to call you in for a F2F.
thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Most people have face to face assessments, a paper based one is very rare and to have 2 consecutive ones is even more rare. I can only guess that they have decided that a face to face assessment is needed this time because they don't have enough of information to do another paper based assessment because more information is needed.

Do you have anyone that can go with you to the assessment? A friend or family member? Did you keep a copy of the form that you sent? If you did then i'd advise you to have a read of that before the assessment because part of the assessment will be for you to verify what you wrote in the form, as well as any additional information needed.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kelly11
    kelly11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thank you for your quick response much appreciated. My husband will attend assessment with me so that’s fine. Unfortunately on this occasion I did not photocopy the form hard lesson learned.
    my sister filled this form in for me this time and she wrote very limited detail in the description boxes so that prob didn’t help. Will just have to go through it like everyone else 
    thanks x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome,

I totally agree that putting limited information on the form most likely hasn't help your claim this time. All claims should be treated as new claims by all claimants, whether they are first time claims or reviews.

Fingers crossed that everything will be fine and you'll be successfully awarded again this time. :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kelly11 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Good luck with your assessment and please let us know how you get on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @kelly11 :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.