I was due to get a review letter in October 2019 but didn’t get one — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I was due to get a review letter in October 2019 but didn’t get one

deirdre12
deirdre12 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was due to get a review letter in October 2019 but didn’t get one will I contact them 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

As you haven't stated which benefit this is for then i'll assume it's for PIP, is that correct? If so then reviews now take place 6 months before your award is due to end and not 12 months before.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi & welcome to the community @deirdre12 - I hope if your query was about PIP, that Poppy has put your mind at rest as reviews are done 6 months before your award is due to end, not 12, so no need to contact the DWP.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @deirdre12 Hello and welcome to the community, its always nice to see new . I am a community champion here at scope. If there is anything else we can help with then please just ask
  • deirdre12
    Thank you so much it has put my mind at rest yes it pip and Oct it ends this year so will that 6months start from October last year so If it does I should get a form in April as that would be 6 months I hate this not knowing i am a very bad worrier and that’s not good for my mental health I just want it over with they don’t help people once again thanks poppy and if you have any more advice I would be greatfull and thanks everyone else 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi yes it should be around April time you get the review form . Once you have the form we can give you more advice about completing it but no point in worrying about it now 
  • deirdre12
    Thank you janer1967 I will wait till April and hopefully I will get the form I am under mental health so I can get my k worker to help me fill it in hopefully once again thanks 
  • poppy123456
    Although there's still a couple of months yet i'd advise you to start to gather some relevant evidence to support your claim when the forms do arrive. They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence. This review should be treated as a new claim, not a review. The form should be filled in with as much information as possible, adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Once you receive the forms, if you need more advice please just ask and i'm sure someone will advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • deirdre12
    Thank you poppy will have all information 

• deirdre12
    Hi poppy do you have any advice about pip review now do you think they will still send out forms this month any bit of advice will help me thank you 
  • poppy123456
    I answered your question on your other thread https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/70224/pip-review#latest

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.