Advice for a newbie disabled person. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice for a newbie disabled person.

2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tru88le - One wonders why you've taken over the original poster's message. If you had something helpful to say to the original poster that would be OK. Both Poppy & mikehughescq corrected your assumptions with fact. Later Poppy stated her personal experience, & stated what her gas bill was. Poppy was only mentioning property prices may be similar dependent on where you might live in the North or South of the UK; I saw no mention of grocery bills.
    You seem to argue just for the sake of it. If you have any statistics to back up your claims, please do say. I've never known Poppy to insult anyone, rather be incredibly helpful about the benefit system. She helps this forum enormously.
    Sadly you lost your tribunal due to lack of understanding, which really wasn't what this thread was about. If you have anything relevant to say that will help the original poster, please do continue.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thread will be closed until reports can be properly reviewed.

Sorry for any inconveniences that this causes. Please email community@scope.org.uk if you need to get in touch.
    Scope

• Chloe_Scope
    edited February 2020
    Hi @Deeks I'm sorry I had to close your thread. How are you doing?

You might find this website useful: https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/country/united-kingdom#all-cities

It allows you to compare the price of living across some of the UK. Please bare in mind this is based on prices the public have said. 

Just to let you know that it is now back open and I ask all members to be respectful. This thread is to support @Deeks, content not doing so will be removed.
    Scope

• tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    edited February 2020
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @tru88le - One wonders why you've taken over the original poster's message. If you had something helpful to say to the original poster that would be OK. Both Poppy & mikehughescq corrected your assumptions with fact. Later Poppy stated her personal experience, & stated what her gas bill was. Poppy was only mentioning property prices may be similar dependent on where you might live in the North or South of the UK; I saw no mention of grocery bills.
    You seem to argue just for the sake of it. If you have any statistics to back up your claims, please do say. I've never known Poppy to insult anyone, rather be incredibly helpful about the benefit system. She helps this forum enormously.
    Sadly you lost your tribunal due to lack of understanding, which really wasn't what this thread was about. If you have anything relevant to say that will help the original poster, please do continue.

One wonders why you would bring my tribunal up on a thread about me taking over a thread. I wonder what led you to say that...
    You have no inkling about my tribunal  other than poppy saying it was my own fault and there lies the roit of your comment your simply dismissing that tribunal failure as a lack of understanding! Possibly the most arrogant thing ive ever resd online. I know why it failed and it was a lot more than me not understanding and one day i'll make sure i win it and why. Anyway i digress with these people bringing up other topics.
     You might find  that poppy bssically said my information was incorrect  which I disputed and I will dispute it with you if you prefer. Your saying I took over the post well what are you contributing to the post writing this days later, is that helpful?
    I originally said in a roundabout way that its dearer to live down south but poppy disagreed as shes lived in both. Im sure there are very cheap hovels down south that are cheaper than the north but all things considered its dearer down south.
    Poppy wouldnt have this though and argued otherwise and everyone backed her up.  
    You incorrectly said poppy was referring to house prices when we were discussing LIVING COSTS which for most people includes groceries.  But if you seriously think its the same cost to live in the south as the north based on poppy living in both then thats up to you. But why should i be told im wrong for daring to say otherwise? 

Ok my council tax estimate i stated was "ABOUT" 20% Ii said about. Was there any need for poppy to go into length about why I was wrong AGAIN simply because her council tax is 10%? One of the posters above actually thinks i fisagreed after reading HIS  posts but im sorry to deflate his ego but i dont recall reading anything he posted in particular other than his own evidence backed me up then he went on to say i was wrong.
    This is likely because she lives alone but the 20% i stated is an average amount for an average house on benefits etc. So am I wrong? Was poppy justified in saying i was wrong on the basis that hers is 10% and based on one prooerty, her own and my 'estimate' was based on government data covering millions of houses? 
    Im not defending myselfvas right! Im simply explainung why i wasnt wrong! Dont you get that? Im not saying poppy is wrong in any way im just saying im not wrong on the issues she said i was. Nothing else.
    You have no clue what this is actualky about its been twisted and confused and you swallowed the lot.
    So yes the thread got took over and people like you have took it over too as you clog the page with your criticisms of me days after the event and what has it to do with you anyway?
    Why not wind your neck in and save your tupoence worth for someone who cares.
    I wouldnt even be typing this if you hadnt piped up with your misguided rationale.
    I only argued my point because poppy wrote a long post about how i was wrong and i disagreed that i was wrong about anything i said not to the point of an entire post dedicated to my errors was needed.
    It boils diwn to these community chumps dont like anyone adding info to help people as they want it to be just them and that is the only reason poppy took the time to criticize every point i made based on subjective eveidence rather than factual data.
    I dont doubt anything she stated just that she had no right to go on to discredit me. So thats why i was forced to defend what info i had put and that it was not set in stone and it was not wrong any more than poppy was right.
    If poppy was right my council tax would be 10% not 20%
    If poppy was right i could have stayed in Reading instead of moving due to living costs.
    If poppy was right then my gas bill should be £25 a month cheaper.
    But as it stands the reason i was so wrong is really because i dared to make some suggestions in a post.
    Also i probably wouldnt have bothered anyway but some of it may have been written concurrently as previously i looked for unanswered posts to avoid these terratorial community mass posters.
    I didnt want to bore you but if you contine to stick your oar in i will continue to defend the facts which are very difficult to see with all the muddying of the water by poppy's bottom feeder friends such as yourself.

• Chloe_Scope
    This thread has been closed, and will not be opened again. This is due to breaking the Terms & Conditions and the Community Guidelines.

Please use this as a reminder to everybody to be respectful of everyone. Here's a post about commenting on the content, not the contributor you can read.

We want to ensure the community is a place for everyone and that everyone feels supported and safe while using the site.

It is completely up to members how they take guidance and a reminder that they do have a choice. It's also important to respect other views. 

If you would like to discuss this further or need further support then please email the community team: community@scope.org.uk
    Scope

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.