PIP APPEAL HEARING EXPERIENCE - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP APPEAL HEARING EXPERIENCE

Comments

• male45
    male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
    Just received an appointment letter for new pip assessment . Never stops!!
    Best Wishes 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    male45 said:
    Just received an appointment letter for new pip assessment . Never stops!!
    Please let us know if we can do anything to help @male45. :)
    Scope

• male45
    @Chloe_Scope
    Thank you chloe. The assessment would have been made around thos time I guess because my previous award was until july 2020. With me waiting 17 months on my appeal which i finally won on feb 3rd 2020 the time has arrived quickly again. 
    Two questions I'd like to ask if it's ok...
    As I won my pip appeal will that help dwp award me pip at the rate the tribunal awarded me for this coming assessment.  2. Does my appeal win guarantee me to be award pip again ??
    Best Wishes 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    male45 said:

As I won my pip appeal will that help dwp award me pip at the rate the tribunal awarded me for this coming assessment.  2. Does my appeal win guarantee me to be award pip again ??

No for both.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • male45
    @poppy123456
    Thank you poppy. I had a fair idea the answer would be no. Now I know for sure :smile:
    Best wishes
    Best Wishes 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for your support here @poppy123456. Best of luck @male45!
    Scope

• male45
    @Chloe_Scope @poppy123456 thank you both
    Best wishes 
    Best Wishes 
  • male45
    Hi folks. I hope everyone is keeping well.
    Just to update... march 3rd will be one month since I won my appeal. A few days later received from the appeals place the award details. Todate have had nothing from the dwp. I was going to phone to ask for an update but dont want to jinx anything plus I'm hopeless on the phone. 
    I also have march 10th as a date for my reassessment  which would normally be taking place around then because my previous award was only up until july this year. The appeal court awarded me back dated payment from date I applied up until july of this year. 
    I'm wondering would dwp be with holding my payment until after they reassess me? I am thinking not as it's a separate assessment which starts all over again..which is right please?
    Best wishes
    Best Wishes 
  • poppy123456
    It's unlikely that they would hold payment until you're reassessed. As you've already pointed out, it's a separate claim. Backdated money can take anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer, if they request the statement of reasons.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • male45
    @poppy123456 thank you for your advice as always I'm very grateful.
    @Username_removed mike thank you I hadnt thought of sending in a copy of the appeal report. I did think both dwp and capita would by now be aware of the appeal result.
    Could you explain what  DM and HCP stand for as I dont know. I will get the appeal report copied and send in to both as advised. Thank you
    Best wishes
    Best Wishes 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. DM = decision maker and HCP = Health care professional.
  • male45
    Thank you @poppy123456 :smile:
    Best Wishes 
  • male45
    Hi everyone, hoping all are well during this crisis going around. 
    Well folks its march 14th and I've still not received a letter from dwp nor any back dated payment that they owe me since winning my pip appeal on feb 3rd.
    Also now I'm preparing for a home pip assessment for march 26th I should say re assessment.  My wife says she thinks they are keeping back any payments until after this reassessment and I'm beginning to think shes right after reading many other members stories here of having already received their back dated payments. I know it can take 6 to 8 weeks depending on areas, so are we just panicking for no reason? 
    Advice comments please would be welcome. I've posted off to pip office here and capita here copies of the tribunal win. I've also got copies for the assessor when he or she calls here.
    Best wishes
    Best Wishes 
  • poppy123456
    Have you rang DWP to ask about the backdated money? if you haven't then i'd advise you to do that on Monday morning. It's very unlikely that they are holding payment until after your assessment because it's 2 different claims.
  • male45
    Hi @poppy123456
    I'm sorry its taken me a while to reply. 
    I've not phoned them because I was trying to be patient and count the weeks since my appeal. 
    But I'll ring them on monday ( tomorrow) morning. 
    I'll post their reply asap.
    Thank you poppy
    Best wishes
    Best Wishes 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hope you manage to get in touch with them okay @male45.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • male45
    @Adrian_Scope
    Hi adrian...I tried many times today without success.  Tomorrow is a bank holiday here so I'll have to wait until Wednesday.  Also the dfc have posted that from today here all assessments will be cancelled for 3 months phone or paper based assessments will take place. I dont actually fully understand  this, are they saying you will only be assessed for a maximum of 3 months then new assessment dates will take place after that? 

Best wishes
    Best Wishes 
  • male45
  • male45

That's the last in charge here for dfc in northern Ireland. 
    A friend of mine has an 8am assessment  in capita building in belfast and has been told to attend when she rang capita today. 
    Best Wishes 
  • poppy123456
    It's the same here in the UK. All face to face assessments have been postponed for at least 3 months. For us here Anyone who has a face-to-face assessment appointment scheduled from Tuesday 17 March onwards does not need to attend and will be contacted to discuss next steps and alternative arrangements, which could involve either telephone or paper-based assessments.

I would imagine it will be the same over there for you. Your friend needs to contact Capita again first thing tomorrow morning.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.