Home Assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home Assessment

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem. Yes, wait a week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • T1991
    T1991 Community member Posts: 33 Listener
    Hi @poppy123456

ive just phoned esa they’ve received my report back on Friday but no Decision made as yet do u no how long it normally takes x 
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales. You can request a copy of that report and then you'll know what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • T1991
    Hi @poppy123456 I’ve just received my report back and everything in there is right he’s ticked that I have limited work access for work related group Which I am still on now and to be looked again in 12 months time Bearing in mind my condition has got worse over the years

I’ve just contacted ESA for their advice and they said decisionmaker will make their final decision  just because the medical advisor ticked the box it doesn’t mean that you’re still in the work related group or placed into the support group Is that right as you said that the decisionmaker normally goes off the report 

Thank you poppy
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    Sorry i'm a little confused by your question, so if you could just confirm exactly what the recommendations are then i'll be able to advise you.

Does it state limited capability for work and work related activity (Support Group ) OR limited capability for work (WRAG)? They usually go with the report and it's rare they go against it.

• T1991
    It’s dosent say anything about work related or support group @poppy123456
  • T1991
    @poppy123456 everything else has lines through 
  • poppy123456
    @T1991 yes it does, it states in the 2nd link you posted. It states that you meet the criteria for LCWRA  (Support Group) for mobilising.

The timescale, is just a guide and nothing more. They can reassess you anytime from 3 months. Usually they go with the report but of course you'll still need to wait for the decision.
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    As you are in the work related activity group (WRAG) at the moment, if they do go with the report then you'll receive extra money from the date the decision is made.
  • T1991
    So does that mean I’m in the support group? Or not sweet and what the extra money for xx @poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    Recommendation is Support Group yes but you're not in it yet. Support Group is £128.45 per week without the severe disability premium.
  • T1991
    @poppy123456 thank u hun thank u for your help the  Advisor advise me to speak to pips about my disability and mobility but at the moment I’m scared to even mess with anything x I’m only on started for both and it’s dosent run out till 2021 x what do u recommend I should do x x
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome,

I can't tell you what you should do about your PIP i'm afraid because i don't know how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.

A worsening of condition doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to a higher award. You need to look at the PIP descriptors to see if you could score more points. Reporting a worsening of condition means more PIP2 forms and another face to face assessment is most likely. You do risk losing everything you already have by doing this. Of course the award could stay the same or be increased too.
  • T1991
    Hi @poppy123456 I thought I’d update you  I’ve just found out they’ve finally put me in the support group ? it’s taken a very long time thank your for you advice you’ve been a reall great help x 
  • T1991
    @poppy123456
    just a nothing quick question 
    uno Because I was already receiving work related ESA now been put into the support group will I be backdated from the date of the decision or from the day I had my assessment thank you
  • poppy123456
    That's great news! It will be from the date the decision was made.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.