Has anyone tried LDN (low dose naltrexone) for their fibromyalgia? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone tried LDN (low dose naltrexone) for their fibromyalgia?

Nancy8597
Nancy8597 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
It seems that there is so much written on the topic of LDN as a treatment for fibromyalgia and that it has helped a lot of people.  Has anyone on this forum tried it with any success?  Please let me know!

If you haven't heard of it, this article speaks about it and gives a lot of information

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• brujah81
    brujah81 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Hello i have been prescribed LDN but i am due to start on Saturday.. have you started yet?
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi some years ago, I was using the MS support group and there was a lot of talk about LDN helping with a variety of issues eg bladder urgency, poor sleep, pain. It wasn`t available generally, but a private prescription was available if your neuro or MS nurse wrote a letter agreeing for MSers to use it.

I did this. It cost around £21 a month...cant recall for sure....it was obtained from one place only....a pharmacy in Scotland.

So, I tried it. It calmed my bladder and helped me sleep better. But the advantages were short lived..just a few weeks, so I stopped it.

I have no knowledge of it helping with fibro.

Are you getting on from your neuro or GP on scripts? Hope it helps x
  • brujah81
    brujah81 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    I am getting it on script from my GP which is lucky because from what i understand not many people can get it from theirs.
    It is suppost to help Fibro.. well its in the list of conditions it can help.. that and ME which i also have. I am due to start shortly.. the goal posts moved slightly and its due to start on Monday or Tuesday

Kelly x
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness