Pip bundle paper work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip bundle paper work

dillongirl
dillongirl Community member Posts: 34 Connected
Hi I applied for pip may 2019 but was awarded no points did md still no points so appealed to tribunal. Today I received my bundle I'm assuming it's of dwp.so what happens now.a lady who represented me is from citezen advice who phoned me in nov 19 to say once I receive the bundle as she will also have copies of it.to make appointment.my anxiety is now through the roof.any advice would be greatful thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You will need to go through that bundle. Contact the person from your local CAB who will support you with this. You will also need to send your submission but the person from CAB will also assist you with that. Other than that all you can do is wait for a hearing date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dillongirl
    @poppy123456 thank you for you're response.i phoned cab today the lady dealing with it has also received the bundle.but not in work till tomorrow so they said they left her a note and she will contact me with a date.i been really calm but now I'm dreading it.i have also asked my psychiatrist to write me a letter.
  • dillongirl
    Can someone help please.since receiving the bundle yesterday I have not slept being sick because of it.constantly breaking down.i asked for oral hearing because the lady representing me said I will stand a better chance rather than a paper based hearing.i suffer really bad with anxiety I just don't know what to do.
    Thank you for reading 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Can someone help please.since receiving the bundle yesterday I have not slept being sick because of it.constantly breaking down.i asked for oral hearing because the lady representing me said I will stand a better chance rather than a paper based hearing.i suffer really bad with anxiety I just don't know what to do.
    Thank you for reading 
    Has the lady at CAB contacted you today?  You (and her) will have to go through the bundle to decide which parts are wrong and what you disagree with.  You can also send extra information if you have any.  After that it will just be a long waiting game unfortunately, all you can do is wait to hear when the tribunal date will be.

I am currently in that last stage, just waiting for the date now, but it might be another 6 months wait (or more) so just trying not to think about it at the moment!!
  • poppy123456
    I know it's very stressful but until the person from CAB contacts you there's really nothing you can do. Try to think of something else, yes i know that's difficult too but you could be waiting several more months and it's not going to help your condition by constantly thinking about it.

You were advised correctly that appearing in person is much better and gives you a better chance of a decision is your favour.

Hopefully, you'll be contacted by your local CAB sometime today or tomorrow.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dillongirl
    Hi thank you both for responding.i not long came of the phone to cab the lady dealing with it is in with another client said would ring back at 1 clock.reading the letter of dwp what does it mean when they say .(we looked at the points you raised in you're appeal and we've sent our response to HMCTS for them to consider.) I'm sorry to keep on.i just need some reassurance. 
  • poppy123456
    DWP will most likely request the appeal to be dismissed because this usually happens, of course they don't think you're entitled to it, which is why you weren't awarded. This is nothing at all to worry about and is standard procedure but HMCTS won't dismiss it
  • dillongirl
    Thank you @poppy123456ihad meeting last week with cab the lady representing me.she has sent of the submission.so I take it.its just a waiting game now.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for the update @dillongirl. Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• dillongirl
    @Chloe_Scope I just received my date for tribunal it's on the 13th march 1.30 had to be on the 13th didn't it my nerves and anxiety going to be awful now.?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sorry to hear the tribunal date is causing you to feel really anxious. Do you have anyone who can attend with you?
    Scope

• dillongirl
    @Chloe_Scope
    Yes my daughter is taking me.im concerned because I get brain fog.is knowing how to.answer anything they going to.ask.me.i just go into.a world of my own
    I not slept properly since receiving the letter

• Chloe_Scope
    Hi @dillongirl, I'm glad your daughter is able to go with you. Your concerns are understandable, would you find it helpful to take notes in with you? You are more than entitled to this, and your daughter can help during the assessment too.

I really hope you can get some rest soon, I imagine the lack of sleep is not helping. 
    Scope

• dillongirl
    @Chloe_Scope
    Hiyah just a quick question. My representative sent me a email yesterday for me to read the submission.she then phoned me to say to check it and send a email back to go ahead and send it as tribunal is in march.she also got hold of the lady that does  my counselling for PTSD. She is also drafting a letter to send to tribunal. Does the tribunal send a copy of the submission to dwp? And can dwp still change their minds before tribunal hearing.tia 
  • dillongirl
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thanks for answering here @Username_removed. :)
    Scope

• dillongirl
    Hi everyone.
    Just to update .I had a call yesterday of my representative she offerd me a lift to the tribunal but my daughter is taking me but the lady is going to meet me there as she got a case before me.although I was going to throw the towel in because my anxiety is really bad.but she said not to do that because she said I got a real good case.i do feel a bit better knowing that she will be there to support me through it.what makes it worse is it's on 13th of may and a friday.but I will update once its finished with.
  • dillongirl
    Sorry 13th march 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck for next week :smile:
  • dillongirl
    @OverlyAnxious thank you glad u said next week I thought it was another two weeks away ?but il update u all once it's done and dusted.thank you all for being so supportive x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.