Anyone else already self-isolating? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone else already self-isolating?

JenCo
JenCo Community member Posts: 122 Pioneering
edited March 2020 in Community updates
Hi all, 

Due to varying conditions, I'm sure quite a few of us on here are already self-isolating. How are you getting on?

I thought it'd be nice to start a thread where we can share what we're all doing to keep self-isolation positive and as stress-free as possible. 

Share your self-isolation tips in the comments! :)
Tagged:

Comments

• JenCo
    I've dug out my old Warhammer.... they could all do with a fresh coat of paint! 
  • JenCo
    Rediscovering Doctor Who! Can't believe I didn't know there was a Rosa Parks episode 
  • DoriFish
    DoriFish Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Hi there Yes I'm self isolating!
    I'm turning out my junk draws, WOW what a load of rubbish I've been hoarding..
    And a few jems I forgot I had LOL  :)

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @JenCo I am self isolating but still working from home. So it's the worse of both worlds! At home there are a million things that need doing but I'm still trying to actually do some work. I have read that during working hours we should spend 10 minutes in every hour doing something we enjoy so I'm spending mine of the forum :smile: I did a bit of baking yesterday so will probably do some more and then put on weight. After that I will read a few diet books! 
  • JenCo
    DoriFish said:
    Hi there Yes I'm self isolating!
    I'm turning out my junk draws, WOW what a load of rubbish I've been hoarding..
    And a few jems I forgot I had LOL  :)

Oh this is briliant, I hadn't even thought of the junk drawers yet! I'm so doing this in a few days :)
  • JenCo
    Cressida said:
    @JenCo I am self isolating but still working from home. So it's the worse of both worlds! At home there are a million things that need doing but I'm still trying to actually do some work. I have read that during working hours we should spend 10 minutes in every hour doing something we enjoy so I'm spending mine of the forum :smile: I did a bit of baking yesterday so will probably do some more and then put on weight. After that I will read a few diet books! 
    Me too! Sitting at my desk wondering if I could pop some laundry on while I work on this backlog :lol:

• laura222
    laura222 Community member Posts: 84 Pioneering
    I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home so am hiding in here until it looks safe - haha!

I've been on Skillshare learning some new stuff. There are LOADS of video classes and you can have a month's free trial so it should keep me busy for a little while. Would definitely recommend having a look!

Oh, and I'm not proud, but Minecraft too. :p
  • JenCo
    Ooooh! @laura222
    Skillshare is a great idea. I haven't played Minecraft but I'm glad it's entertaining you :lol:

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    We are almost, had to go to travel agents to cancel our holiday in july, and will need to shop on Wednesday other than that we will stay in and around the home.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• DoriFish
    I have never ordered my food etc on the internet!
    So this will be a new experience for me!
    LOL  ;)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    DoriFish said:
    I have never ordered my food etc on the internet!
    So this will be a new experience for me!
    LOL  ;)
    We have done a shop online with Iceland the last 3 weekends no problems the first two this last one was only 50% complete, apparently some of the big 4 supermarkets have a lead time of a week for delivery slots, and I'm sure I read today that Ocado aren't taking on any new customers, they really need to get organised IMHO
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• JenCo
    Lots of larger stores in the Republic of Ireland are implementing Elders Only hours first thing in the morning. Only elderly or vulnerable individuals are allowed in to shop before other people rush in and panic buy. It's a lovely idea but I'm sorry it's come to this.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m desperate. How do you amuse small kids? I need suggestions on activities. What apps are best for learning? 
  • JenCo
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • JenCo
    Let me know if any of these work well for you @April2018mom
    My sister is home alone with 2 boys (ages 5 and 9) and she's.... holding up really well so far! 
    All this while she works from home. 

Hope these help! 
    Good luck
  • laura222
    laura222 Community member Posts: 84 Pioneering
    That's excellent! Thanks @JenCo! I'm going to do some of these remotely with my nephew.
  • DoriFish
     Hi @woodbine
    I had no luck with my online ordering
    No delivery slots available in my area
    Will keep trying with other supermarkets

Anyone  else have problems with online ordering?
  • DoriFish
    @April2018mum
    My daughter put on cosmic kids, it's a children's yoga & draw with Rob
    They love them
    I'm sure there are plenty of other 
  • DoriFish
    @JenCo
    I had a few minutes of cabin fever 
    Solved it by just driving to a place with a good view  with a flask & a sandwich
    Refreshed and back home to finish some chores......
    ? maybe I should have stayed out a bit longer LOL ?

Brightness