Pip bundle paper work - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip bundle paper work

Comments

• dillongirl
    dillongirl Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Hi sorry to bother you all again.only two more days till I go tribunal. I received a copy of the submission that was sent to.the courts of my representative. I got so much paper work I'm confused and very forgetful.i know I got to take the bundle to court with me.i don't even know how to explain myself I tried reading most of it but I forget what I have read.can someone advice me on this please my anxiety is all over the place.not sleeping had a flare up with my bowels again it happens every 3 weeks so I'm constantly on antibiotics .I'm worried because im scares that I get over anxious that I don't have no control over my bowels.what if I mess myself I'm constantly crying .i really can't cope with this.i now wish I just left it be.its when they ask me questions I get all flustered and I forget what they ask me.my memory is just awful and the not knowing what they going to ask me and how to answer them the correct way.please help me 
    Thank you for reading 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear this is causing you so much stress. Please take a deep breath and try to calm down, i know that's very difficult. The panel will be understanding and they will allow you time to answer. If you don't understand what they've asked you then ask them to repeat the question again. Do you have someone to go with you on the day? maybe a family member or friend?

No one can tell you what questions they will ask or how to answer them because no one knows anything about your case or about how your conditions affect you.

My advice is to just do your best because that's really all you can do. If a decision's not made on the day then this is perfectly normal and it doesn't mean it's not gone in your favour. Lots of people have to wait for a decision, which should be sent to you within a couple of days after the hearing.

Good luck and please do let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dillongirl
    @poppy123456
    Thank you for replying.my daughter is taking me but her friend is coming as well just for support.the lady who's representing me phone me the other day asking how I'm getting there so I said my daughter.so she said she will meet us there because she got a case before mine.which I thought was really nice of her.but I'm just worried I'm going to mess up I heard so many different stories.its going to be hard going sitting I front of people I don't know.worried I'm going to have a anxiety attack.then they will postpone.the women from atos who did my assessment put on the report from when she assessed me saying I don't take medication for moods but I do I take beatablockers matirezapam amitriptyline and on loads of other medication she even read the meds I was taking out to me at my house.also said I walked 50 meters I didnt even walk anywhere was in that much of a state she said if u don't pull yourself together I will have to stop this and come back again.she kept saying that's irrelevant to me.my daughter was meant to stay with me but she got called into work.so I had no witness. But even before my daughter left she told the women I get very anxious and overwhelmed did she want to look at any paper work she said with a stern voice its you're mother I want to speak to I won't take into account what u say.and that she don't need to see any paperwork.the list goes on.
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. You need to try to forget what was written in the report and what did or didn't happen during the assessment. That's all in the past now and you can't prove the lies/contradictions. You have representation which means you have the best chance of a decision in your favour. Lots of people aren't able to get representation because it's not available in their area.

If you have any questions then you should speak to your rep before the hearing takes place because they will know everything about your case.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dillongirl
    @poppy123456
    Thank you for the advice.you just feel so lost.i used to get dla or what ever it was called before pip.and I got pip without any problems.going back in 2013 till 2016.my mum passed away and so did my mum sister within 10 days of each other. From cancer then the dreaded letter came to have assessment I stupidly looked for something to do but I cant hold jobs down at all lasted a couple of months got dismissed on I'll health my children and husband begged me not to do it because they knew I'd be off more than I would be in work.because I was in so much pain I would cry everytime my daughter collected me.im under mental health team also was diagnosed with PTSD. I got a lot of health issues to many to write down.il give my representative a call tomorrow because she did say I got a good case.because i was ready to throw the towel in.im so sorry for going on just need reasuren that everything is going to go ok.o tried to think positively but its hard going.x
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    edited March 2020
    In my experience tribunal panels are very good at calming people. They will be considerate and will listen to you. Just try to answer their questions as fully and truthfully as possible. 
    You have the great advantage of a submission and medical evidence. The demand on representative's is so great that they would not do a submission if they thought your case didn't have merit.

Remember that it is the job of the tribunal to determine if the DWP decision is wrong or right. They already have the reps submission explaining why it is wrong.
    They are not there to judge you.
    Just give them the information they ask for, as fully and truthfully as you can. 

Good luck. 
  • dillongirl
    @Alice_Holt
    Thank you very much that's made me feel  a lot better I will update once it's over ?x
  • dillongirl
    @Alice_Holt
    Hi just to update you all about my tribunal there was a judge a doctor and a disabled lady and dwp there in was so scared I broke down before I even was called in my representative and my daughter and my daughters friend was there to support me all the way through it I got called in at 130 came out at 245 then called back in at 3 I won it I was so overwhelmed by it.they did ask dwp if they had a question to ask at the end of it but she didnt .I just want to say thank you to each and one of you for all the advice and support I been shown.12 month been fighting for this.but now it's over with so thank you and good luck to everyone else going through the same thing keep fighting I almost caved in but my daughter and husband and representative were so supportive and told me not to give in because that's what they want.much love to all of you.xxx
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Well done.

Very pleased to hear you and your Citizens Advice rep were successful. 
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    @dillongirl. That is fantastic news. Good on you for going and getting through it. 
  • dillongirl
    @MobileGames
    Thank you.im just glad it's all over.its hard going when u have to fight for what you know you're entitled to.there was a lady waiting to go in and she was blind my heart just sank.do u think because someone from dwp was there it will be sorted a bit quicker.or will the time scales still be the same 
  • poppy123456
    Great news, i'm glad it went well and a decision went in your favour :)
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    @dillongirl. It is hard,but needs to be done. We need to fight it. Do you mean the back pay after your tribunal win? From what I've heard on here,some have said up to 8 weeks to get it. I'm waiting to go to tribunal,been waiting 51 weeks so far. I've come this far,so I'm not giving now. It's very anxiety inducing and there's been times where I've felt like giving up,been in bed at times,not wanting to see anyone or do anything. Bladder playing up,acid reflux playing up,my bowels playing up several times,crying,shouting,shaking,stomach hurting,ocd going into overdrive. This is my chance to let the tribunal know how the descriptors that are relevant to my case,affect me in day to day life because of my conditions and how my conditions limit me from doing them repeatedly,reliably and safely. 
  • dillongirl
    @poppy123456
    Thank you just glad its done with now.im still in shock regarding the assessment with the lies on the report.but it's done and dusted now. @MobileGames I wish you all the best and keeping everything crossed for you. And yes just wanted to know the time scale regarding back pay etc.but because there was person there from dwp altho they didn't ask me anything.was wondering would it be a little bit quicker.
  • poppy123456
    There's really no timescales for backdated money but it can be anything from 2-8 weeks.
  • dillongirl
    @poppy123456
    Ok thank you I know its sound stupid but I'm still having anxiety over it.fine one minutes melt down the next.its just so overwhelming.
  • poppy123456
    please try to relax, it's all over now and you won your Tribunal. All you need to do is wait a little longer for your backdated money.

May i ask what award you were given and for how long?
  • dillongirl
    @poppy123456
    I got awarded high rate on both components.im not sure how  long for I can't remember what the judge said ow god I never thought of that.il have to contact the lady from cab.
  • poppy123456
    That's great news. You'll receive a letter from HMCTS with the award details so it will tell you on there how long it's for.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Huge congratulations on the tribunal win @dillongirl
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.