Pip bundle paper work - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip bundle paper work

13»

Comments

• dillongirl
    dillongirl Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    @Adrian_Scope
    Thank you.went through all of that and now I got to self isolate not that I went out much anyway but now I feel like a prisoner in my own home.stay safe everyone and thank you again for all the support.this sight has made my confidence a bit better so thank you 
  • dillongirl
    @poppy123456
    Just had letter of tribunal they have rewarded it me for 2 years.so now that I have received this makes me feel much better knowing that I don't have to worry about it till 2022.and all being back paid from when I put the application in.so I take it be up to dwp now as and when payments will go in.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Good news. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for the money that you're owed but it can be 2-8 weeks, possibly longer with the current situation.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dillongirl
    @poppy123456
    Well be like a savings I suppose.im lucky really because my housing officer been really good because I'm behind on a lot of Bill's.eg council tax one of them but they allowed me to pay what I could afford.they said as long as I keep them up to date my daughter does all my Bill's  for me.and shopping.just glad it's over with.
  • dillongirl
    Hi hope everyone is doing ok.and keeping well.it be 2 weeks this friday since I went to tribunal. Still not received letter of dwp.im starting to really get  anxious again.i understand they got a time scale.but after all the tears and stress of fighting for this.almost 12 months.it saddens me that we fight for it and still got to wait for money to go in.my daughter said she will give them a call on friday.seems I got the letter of tribunal within 3 days of my appeal and someone from dwp was there.so thought it might of been a quicker process.
  • poppy123456
    Unfortunately, all you can do is wait. Under normal circumstances is can take between 2-8 weeks to receive backdated money. With the Covid19 pandemic these are not normal circumstances and further delays are very likely.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dillongirl
    @poppy123456
    After posting my last comment I had a call of dwp just ringing to make sure my bank still the same.so will receive a letter within the next couple of day.?thank you all again for the support 
  • giles_74
    giles_74 Community member Posts: 20 Listener

Hi, i’m looking through the thread and not got the the end yet, but saw this and it caught my eye as two similar mistakes on my claim too. They said the complete opposite of what i said on my application, said i wasn’t taking certain meds, said i walked further than i can, i’m glad i saved a digital copy of the form. Currently waiting for the bundle to arrive they sent on the 8th, i’m doing all this on my own with no assistance from CAB, i’d like to know updates of what happened in the end with peoples cases as this is all from 2020. It seems they consistently make mistakes and fight it all the way, and hopefully when it goes to court the truth is discovered. Not sure if it was an option then, but i chose not to attend the hearing.

• giles_74

Hi, i’m looking through the thread and not got the the end yet, but saw this and it caught my eye as two similar mistakes on my claim too. They said the complete opposite of what i said on my application, said i wasn’t taking certain meds, said i walked further than i can, i’m glad i saved a digital copy of the form. Currently waiting for the bundle to arrive they sent on the 8th, i’m doing all this on my own with no assistance from CAB, i’d like to know updates of what happened in the end with peoples cases as this is all from 2020. It seems they consistently make mistakes and fight it all the way, and hopefully when it goes to court the truth is discovered. Not sure if it was an option then, but i chose not to attend the hearing.

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    giles_74 said:

Hi, I'm not sure you can compare now to early 2020.  Back then Covid was just starting and the whole system was shaken up.  I was awarded at tribunal in April 2020 with a paper hearing (no attendance), but I believe it was 'easier' to get paper awards then with the circumstances of the time. 

Not attending the hearing massively reduces your chance of a win now, as it did pre-pandemic, so if you can attend, I'd recommend doing so.
  • poppy123456
    giles_74 said:

Firstly, it's not a court and you're not on trial. It's a Tribunal, some hearings are held in a court building but they are very different to a court.
    Paper based hearings have a very low success rate of about 5-8% so choosing this option will mean a very slim chance of a decision in your favour. Concentrating on the report itself will not get you a PIP award.
    Telephone hearings are also an option so if you can do this then the chance of a decision in your favour will be the same as either appearing in person or video call and the success rate rises to about 70%.

• giles_74
    @poppy123456
    Thank you for replying.my daughter is taking me but her friend is coming as well just for support.the lady who's representing me phone me the other day asking how I'm getting there so I said my daughter.so she said she will meet us there because she got a case before mine.which I thought was really nice of her.but I'm just worried I'm going to mess up I heard so many different stories.its going to be hard going sitting I front of people I don't know.worried I'm going to have a anxiety attack.then they will postpone.the women from atos who did my assessment put on the report from when she assessed me saying I don't take medication for moods but I do I take beatablockers matirezapam amitriptyline and on loads of other medication she even read the meds I was taking out to me at my house.also said I walked 50 meters I didnt even walk anywhere was in that much of a state she said if u don't pull yourself together I will have to stop this and come back again.she kept saying that's irrelevant to me.my daughter was meant to stay with me but she got called into work.so I had no witness. But even before my daughter left she told the women I get very anxious and overwhelmed did she want to look at any paper work she said with a stern voice its you're mother I want to speak to I won't take into account what u say.and that she don't need to see any paperwork.the list goes on.
  • giles_74
    Hi hope everyone is doing ok.and keeping well.it be 2 weeks this friday since I went to tribunal. Still not received letter of dwp.im starting to really get  anxious again.i understand they got a time scale.but after all the tears and stress of fighting for this.almost 12 months.it saddens me that we fight for it and still got to wait for money to go in.my daughter said she will give them a call on friday.seems I got the letter of tribunal within 3 days of my appeal and someone from dwp was there.so thought it might of been a quicker process.

@poppy123456
    Thank you for replying.my daughter is taking me but her friend is coming as well just for support.the lady who's representing me phone me the other day asking how I'm getting there so I said my daughter.so she said she will meet us there because she got a case before mine.which I thought was really nice of her.but I'm just worried I'm going to mess up I heard so many different stories.its going to be hard going sitting I front of people I don't know.worried I'm going to have a anxiety attack.then they will postpone.the women from atos who did my assessment put on the report from when she assessed me saying I don't take medication for moods but I do I take beatablockers matirezapam amitriptyline and on loads of other medication she even read the meds I was taking out to me at my house.also said I walked 50 meters I didnt even walk anywhere was in that much of a state she said if u don't pull yourself together I will have to stop this and come back again.she kept saying that's irrelevant to me.my daughter was meant to stay with me but she got called into work.so I had no witness. But even before my daughter left she told the women I get very anxious and overwhelmed did she want to look at any paper work she said with a stern voice its you're mother I want to speak to I won't take into account what u say.and that she don't need to see any paperwork.the list goes on.
  • giles_74

@poppy123456
  • giles_74
    @poppy123456

@poppy123456
  • giles_74

@poppy123456
  • giles_74
    giles_74 said:

Firstly, it's not a court and you're not on trial. It's a Tribunal, some hearings are held in a court building but they are very different to a court.
    Paper based hearings have a very low success rate of about 5-8% so choosing this option will mean a very slim chance of a decision in your favour. Concentrating on the report itself will not get you a PIP award.
    Telephone hearings are also an option so if you can do this then the chance of a decision in your favour will be the same as either appearing in person or video call and the success rate rises to about 70%.

@poppy123456

Ok, i used the wrong wording, you get what i mean! Ok well it’s too late to change it now, see what happens.
  • giles_74
    giles_74 said:

Hi, I'm not sure you can compare now to early 2020.  Back then Covid was just starting and the whole system was shaken up.  I was awarded at tribunal in April 2020 with a paper hearing (no attendance), but I believe it was 'easier' to get paper awards then with the circumstances of the time. 

Not attending the hearing massively reduces your chance of a win now, as it did pre-pandemic, so if you can attend, I'd recommend doing so.
    I’m not comparing it to 2020, just referred to when the posts were from, if i can change it i might do
  • poppy123456
    giles_74 said:
    giles_74 said:

@poppy123456

Ok well it’s too late to change it now, see what happens.

It's never too late to change from paper based hearing to either appear in person or a telephone hearing. All you need to do is contact HMCTS through email.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.