Should I have received ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I have received ESA?

martin45
martin45 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have been getting esa for years but I am now getting my state pension I received my first payment for 2 weeks today and my esa was due today shouldn't I still have received a payment I thought it was always payed in arrears

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community Im sorry I don't know the answer to your query just wanted to say Hi. I am sure someone will be able to help 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @martin45 I will tag my friend @poppy123456 who will be able to advise you. Please let us know if you need any further help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

It will totally depend on what date you reached state pension age and when your last payment for ESA was. ESA is not paid from the date you reached state pension age.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @martin45 - Welcome to the community. The reason your ESA has stopped is because you are now of state pension age, & have just received your first state pension. ESA is for those of a job working age, & payable until you receive your state pension, sorry.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.