Re-assessments and assessing companies medical staff — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re-assessments and assessing companies medical staff

Alice_Holt
Alice_Holt Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
It is my opinion that all ESA benefit renewal assessments should stop (for the next 3 months they're still doing paper and telephone assessments), and no current WCA award be ended. Given the current circumstances no ESA claimant should find themselves without an income.    
The healthcare professionals working for Maximus, Capita and Atos (IAS) conducting these assessments on behalf of the DWP can then be encouraged to return to the NHS during this national crisis.

If you agree please email / contact your MP.
https://members.parliament.uk/members/Commons

Also you may wish to contact your MP about the government providing emergency support to Charities helping vulnerable people during this time, (in the same way as it has for small and medium sized business).

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    I couldn't agree more Alice. I had a WCA form at the end of last week and it's just ridiculous! Now i have the added stress of keeping myself safe, as well as trying to fill out the form, gather the evidence and then post it back by 13th April!

I'm going to use that link above to contact my local MP. Thank you!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @poppy123456

I am sure the DWP announced yesterday, that all assessments have been put on hold for next three months.

Might be worth informing them, you are in self-isolation for 14 weeks, as per PM advice.

Plus, more importantly, nana has to meet Noah, which is far more important.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    I contacted my local MP regarding this last night. I had a reply today and he told me that he did contact DWP and also they have suspended face to face assessments. There's currently no guidelines for stopping sending the forms out for reassessments. Therefore the form will need to be filled in and returned by the date stated on my letter.

Absolutely disgusting considering everything that's going on right now to think that these forms are still being sent out.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    There's currently no guidelines for stopping sending the forms out for reassessments. Therefore the form will need to be filled in and returned by the date stated on my letter.

Absolutely disgusting considering everything that's going on right now to think that these forms are still being sent out.
         I think this DWP (in)action verges on the inhumane. (To put it mildly). 

Everybody is stressed enough without having to go through the start of a WCA reassessment process, especially now that any support / advice services are severely curtailed.  

Keep well @p@poppy123456

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.