Favourite Box Set — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Favourite Box Set

WestHam06
WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
Hi to all, 
            Hope everyone is well and keeping safe. As many of us are or may be in the near future self isolating, there are many things that we could do to help pass the time. One could be to watch box sets of favourite TV series, so my question is:
What is your favourite box set to watch?
For me its … 

Last Tango in Halifax!
Never fails to make me laugh!

Please join in if you want too!
Thank you 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    I like Torchwood, the old ones set in Wales, not the American ones - they are OK but I prefer the ones with the original actors in.

Also the Robin Hood series, the one that was made by the BBC just over 10 years ago. I think that was really good.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    I never get tired of the Jonathan Creek series. I also love Columbo or any of the Christie's. My favourite Marple being Joan Hickson. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @66Mustang
                               How are you? Sounds good, I have not watched Torchwood before though I do like the films of Robin Hood so maybe I will see if I can find the series that the BBC made. Thank you for sharing. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Cressida
                           How are you? I too enjoy watching Jonathan Creek, who is your favourite side kick? I think for me it is Sheridan Smith, though Caroline Quinton comes a close second.   The Christie's are good, I quite like Poirot. Thank you for sharing.  
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @WestHam06 my favourite side kick is Caroline Quentin, 2nd Sheridan Smith ? I also enjoy Poirot. I have a series link set on virgin TV. Jonathan Creek is also on Prime or Netflix,  can't remember which one.  I'm self isolating so trying to mix things up a bit by also baking and reading. I'm reading the Whisper Man by Alex North. It's just getting really gripping so I'm trying  not to read too fast ? 
  • 66Mustang
    The Robin Hood series is really good in my opinion. I don’t know if it is on any of the subscription services as I don’t use them but it is on iTunes. It’s also on YouTube - just search for “Robin Hood BBC”.

If you liked Doctor Who you might like Torchwood as it’s like a grown up version.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    got 2

1. Grey`s Anatomy

2. Breaking Bad

Put a lot of hours into those......but great not having to wait until the following week for the next instalment
  • Victor
    Victor Community member Posts: 634 Pioneering
    Hawaii Five-O. The original.
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    @WestHam06. I have a load of Carry on films to get through. I also have On the buses,Home to roost,Miranda,one half of Are you being served box set and lots of other comedies on DVD as well as videos to watch. I like to watch documentaries and Dr pimple popper on YouTube as well as some of the soaps on tv.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Cressida
                            Awesome! Which is your favourite Johnathan Creek episode? For me it is 'The Grinning Man'. I may well end up watching a couple of episodes at some point. Baking sounds fun, I too have that on my list of things to do and currently I am reading Julie Andrews 'Homework'.  Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction books such as autobiographies? Thank you.
  • WestHam06
    Hi @66Mustang,
                               Thank you for the advice, I will have a look on YouTube to see if I can watch Robin Hood. I am not a huge fan of Dr Who, though I did watch a couple of episodes when Jodie Whittaker took over. Are you a fan of Dr Who? If so, who is your favourite Doctor? Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @pollyanna1052
                                    How are you? I have not heard of Grey's Anatomy, please may I ask what is it about? Also, I've heard Breaking Bad is very good, though I personally have never seen it. You are absolutely right it is fantastic not having to wait one whole week for the next episode! Thank you for sharing. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Victor
                      How are you? Hawaii Five-O the original sounds like a great Box Set. Thank you for sharing. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @MobileGames
                                   How are you? Comedy Box Sets are great and the ones you have mentioned are brilliant, particularly the Carry On's in my opinion! Which is your favourite? My favourite is Carry On Camping, though there are many great ones including Carry on Doctors and Carry On Policemen. I also like Only Fools and Horses. Documentaries can also be very informative, do you have a particular favourite genre? Thank you for sharing. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @April2018mom
                                    How are you? Ghostbusters sounds like a brilliant Box Set. Hope you and your family are all well. Thank you for sharing. 
  • JakeJones_98
    JakeJones_98 Community member Posts: 8 Courageous
    My two favourite box sets must be Game of Thrones and Gavin & Stacey. Two very different genres but both series that I believe will stand the test of time. The former for its ability to masterfully build up story lines and bring the series to a brilliant close that leads you to want more. The latter delivers on so many levels by coupling cleverly placed humour and innuendo with the joys and challenges of bringing two people together from completely different backgrounds 
  • 66Mustang
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @66Mustang,
                               Thank you for the advice, I will have a look on YouTube to see if I can watch Robin Hood. I am not a huge fan of Dr Who, though I did watch a couple of episodes when Jodie Whittaker took over. Are you a fan of Dr Who? If so, who is your favourite Doctor? Thank you. 
    My favourite is either David Tennant or Christopher Ecclestone  :) however I stopped watching it when David Tennant left so I don’t really know about the ones that came after him!
  • WestHam06
    Hi @JakeJones_98
                                    How are you? Absolutely, Gavin and Stacey is a classic, with brilliant writers and actors. What did you think of the Christmas Special? Do you think there will be anymore? I'm afraid I haven't seen any of the Game of Thrones but I have heard that they are excellent. Thank you for sharing. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @66Mustang
                                I know someone who loves Dr Who and they have told me that Christopher Ecclestone and David Tennant are the two best Doctors that they have seen! Thank you

Brightness