How worried are you about the Corona virus now? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How worried are you about the Corona virus now?

13»

Comments

• anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Quite worried
    So right @Cressida. Everyone that thinks this doesnt apply to them needs to educate themselves on viral load. The more of us walking about incubating this virus, it is bound to make it more and more deadly as time goes on. Im taking no chances and i dont have any underlying health conditions and nor am i over 70.

My autistic lad could teach us all a thing or two about social distancing working. Despite his shockingly bad diet, he never ever gets coughs or colds and it can only be because he practises social distancing at all times anyway. 

Really, do any of you want to be struggling to breathe with a high fever? Not being able to breathe is truly terrifying!
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    A little worried
    There was a piece on the news displaying what is obvious really but it was done in a really good way, explaining that if each person who gets the virus infects 3 others, and those 3 infect 3 others etc. there is exponential growth. That means anyone, even a healthy person who will not die from the virus, who manages to avoid contracting the virus at the top of the “line” potentially would be saving hundreds of others from getting it down the line, not just themselves, and statistically that would mean a few lives saved as well! For that reason it is so important that everyone avoids contracting the virus, regardless of whether it is dangerous to them personally.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    A little worried
    I saw that. It is scary how easily it spreads! It looks like it is slowing down in China thank goodness! Hopefully things will start to improve before too much longer.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    A little worried
    My mom has had to go in isolation for 12 weeks due to the virus. I can't go and see her and it is my dad's 70th birthday in a couple of weeks. Bang goes his birthday celebration! 
  • Tony_Scope
    Tony_Scope Scope Posts: 9 Connected
    Quite worried
    I saw something on facebook that tonight at 8pm people will stand in their doorways and applaude the NHS.  Is anyone planning on doing this?

Tony Lee
    Employment & Partnership Advisor – KickStart
    Engagement, Enterprise and Delivery

Scope

Mobile: 07776649974

Scope website

• anisty
    Quite worried
    All our street did this last night and the sound was deafening!
  • Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Yes my street was out last night. It was wonderful. Such an uplifting experience to hear such support. 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Not at all worried
    Most of the balconies and doors were open with people clapping and found it uplifting. During a skype meeting I thanked my colleagues for taking the time to 'be in the moment' and take part in what was going on, rather than just recording it on their phones. 

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    I texted my carers and and thanked them.  I do say that to them anyway but I just wanted to let them know that people’s families of care users and other people also recognise the good work they do. It’s nice to be appreciated.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    Very worried
    @66Mustang interesting to see how the poll has changed. People are beginning to understand how serious things are and are yet to get. 

• anisty
    Quite worried
    Time for a new poll! Im up to very worried now

Brightness