Favourite Album — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Favourite Album

WestHam06
WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
edited April 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hi all, 
         I hope everyone is well and staying safe. As many of us adjust to this new way of living, with many in self-isolation, there are a number of things that we can do to help us keep busy as well as having time to chill out. I find listen to music helps to relax me and to process my emotions as well as offering the opportunity to have a little boogie! My question is if you enjoy listening to music;
What is your favourite album?
For me it's … 

Divide by Ed Sheeran

Please join in if you would like too.
Thank you. 
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine is "The Sound of Fury" by Billy Fury 1960, a groundbreaking album at the time and regarded as the greatest British Rock n Roll album ever, and he wrote all 12 tracks himself which was unusual back in 1960
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    My Favourite album is Deep Purple's live album "Made Japan" which back in the 1970s was one of the best selling albums. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @woodbine
                             Hope you are well. Sounds like an iconic album and what a talented artist to write all of the songs himself. Thank you for posting. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @dolfrog
                       Hope that you are well. Sounds like a great album and another iconic one if it was one of the best selling album's of the 70's. Thank you for sharing. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I don’t really have a favourite album, I tend to just like 1-2 songs from an album rather than the whole thing.

I like older rock songs from bands like Black Sabbath (Paranoid), Genesis (Land of Confusion, Home by the Sea), Led Zeppelin (Stairway to Heaven). :)
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    This is a difficult one, but I would say There is Nothing Left to Lose by the Foo Fighters which I felt was them at their peak.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Snap!! Divide by Ed Sheeran is my go-to album. :)
    Scope

• WestHam06
    Hi @66Mustang,
                               That is fair enough, Genesis are a good shout! Do you like Phil Collins on his own? Thank you
  • WestHam06
    Hi @M Anthony, 
                              Another good shout with the Foo Fighters, I do agree though it is a difficult one as there are so many good albums out there! Thank you. 
  • 66Mustang
    Yes @WestHam06 I think Phil Collins is good on his own as well :)
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Chloe_Scope
                                   Nice choice, such a variety of songs on there. Do you have a particular favourite song from the album? I think Ed gets better with age in terms of his music, though he has always been world class in my opinion. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @66Mustang
                               Brilliant, do you have a particular favourite Phil Collins song? I think for me it has to be 'Against all odds'! Thank you
  • 66Mustang
    I like that one but I think I’m going to have to be predictable and say “In the Air Tonight” is my favourite. Hehe :D
  • WestHam06
    Hi @66Mustang
                              I completely get it 'In the air tonight' is an iconic song, particularly as it was used on a Cadbury's chocolate advert a few years ago. You can't beat the best :) Thank you. 
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Good Song, I remember that from the advert as well. Also Phil Collins did some acting in various things a long time ago, I remember that song along various others of Phil Collins being used in Miami Vice, he was also in an episode of that show.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @Chloe_Scope
                                   Nice choice, such a variety of songs on there. Do you have a particular favourite song from the album? I think Ed gets better with age in terms of his music, though he has always been world class in my opinion. Thank you. 
    Oooo it would have to be photograph or Tenerife sea, you??
    Scope

• mrbuttons
    mrbuttons Community member Posts: 221 Pioneering
    Bob Marley- exodus

Richard Ashcroft- human conditions
  • WestHam06
    Hi @M Anthony, 
                               How are you? I'm pleased someone else remembers that advert as well :) I didn't know that Phil Collins did acting, thank you for sharing this. In your opinion what was he like as an actor? Thank you 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Chloe_Scope
                                    How are you? Great choices in 'Photograph' and 'Tenerife Sea', both lovely songs. For me it would have to be either 'Perfect' or 'Supermarket flowers'. I find the lyrics to both of these songs beautiful.  I have been very fortunate to have seen Ed live at Wembley, he is absolutely fantastic. Have you seen him live? Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    Hi @mrbuttons
                              How are you? Thank you for sharing your favourite albums, I am familiar with Bob Marley but not so much Richard Ashcroft. Bob Marley's music is brilliant! Thank you. 

Brightness